Chapter 16

Jasmine Moore

I groaned as I quickly muted the alarm that began to go off on my phone. Nobody wants to hear that shit in the morning. I never wanted to get out of the bed anyways. However, I knew that I had to.

Money had to be made and I needed both of the jobs I currently had.

After laying in the bed 'resting my eyes' for what only felt like five minutes to me, but turned out to be thirty in reality, I jumped out of the bed in a rush as I went to start my daily routine. I liked to take long showers to wake me up and sort of relax me, but this morning I unfortunately couldn't.

I was running late for work.

Today I had to work at Sprint. I had never been late to that particular job, and I didn't plan on making today the first. I was a good employee and I didn't want to let my boss down.

Once drying myself off after my quick shower, I brushed my teeth, then proceeded to get dressed in my work uniform.

We were required to wear black and yellow collared shirts with the company logo on it and our silver name tag. For pants, we then had a choice of either black or khaki pants or shorts. Our shoes had to be closed toed and all black.

Just to keep it simple I always wore all black, then slicked my hair back into a nice ponytail.

When I finally made my way downstairs, I saw that Raven was still sound asleep on the couch. Not wanting to wake her, I decided to leave her be. I would have plenty of time to talk to her when I got back from work.

My job itself was twenty minutes away. But today? It was only ten. A bitch was speeding today and not one cop stopped me. They knew better. I was there and clocked in on time before I knew it.

The perks of my job was that we barely did anything. Some days we were slow, some days we were fast. No matter how much business we got, I had a pretty laid back job. All I did was give people information on phones they had questions about.

Form time to time I had to swap out and activate phones when the people who normally sat at the desk doing those particular tasks were busy.

That was about it.

After clocking in, I took my place at the main podium by the door. My other coworkers were busy tending to other costumers needs so I would take care of who ever came through the door.

Five minutes later, a caucasian woman who looked to be in her mid forties walked through the door and approached me on the other side of the podium. A teenager who looked to be around sixteen was next to her.

The girl had a pair of headphones in, blocking out everyone around her. Her mother tapped her to get her attention and she looked at her with a stank attitude. Shocked, I had a sudden urge to snatch her up and she wasn't even my child.

"Angel can you at least go one seconds without listening to music? We are here for you."

The little bitch was definitely far from an 'angel'. She rolled her eyes as she snatched both of her headphones out of her ears.

"Are you happy now?"

The mother shook her head, then looked at me. I forced a smile as I tapped my pen on the podium.

"How can I help you two today?"

"Hi, I received a call that an iPhone 6 I ordered for her was delivered this morning and ready for pick up."

I raised my eyebrows as I almost burst into laughter. Her disrespectful daughter was the last person who needed an iPhone. Before replying and holding in my laughter, the daughter slammed her hand on the podium with an attitude.