Chapter 3

Jasmine Moore

I checked myself out in the mirror one last time before smoothing out my shirt. I wore a pair of white distressed skinny jeans, and a white, sheer shirt with a black tank underneath. After, I grabbed my favorite leather biker jacket, and pulled out my red platform heels that laced in the front.

As I then retrieved my tube of red lipstick from my make-up box, there was a knock at the door. I placed it back as I ran to get it.

Unsurprisingly, the person at the door was Raven. I mentally sighed as I faked a smile. I loved my girl, I really did, but she could be irritating at times. I was tired of hearing about all of her relationship problems, just for her to not even use the advice that I give her.

She also always had something negative to talk about. I didn't need all that negativity in my life. It gets annoying to deal with after awhile. She never had anything positive to speak about.

She seemed to be surprised by my attire as I closed and locked the door behind her.

"Where you going?" she asked with an attitude. "Stepping all out and shit. Who told you you was grown?"

"Last I checked, I was grown, thankyou," I laughed.

"Where you going?"

"Out."

"Obviously. You wouldn't get dressed up just to stay in the house."

"I'm going to a show."

"Damn, no invite?"

"Corey surprised me with tickets. Talk to him about that," I chuckled.

"This nigga forever got some tickets. Didn't he win those Kevin Hart tickets that one time?"

"Yeah," I laughed. "He won these too."

"Why am I not surprised," she shook her head. "What's the tickets for?"

"Maxwell concert."

"Oh shit. Some babies getting made tonight."

"By who?" I raised my eyebrows. "Made that shit up."

"Girl bye. You know you want a mini Jasmine running around."

"You want a mini me running around. I'm good," I chuckled. "Corey is just a friend anyways."

"That's exactly what I said about me and Rakim," she half laughed.

I laughed too as I shook my head. I then headed upstairs as I went to go finish getting ready for tonight. Raven followed behind me as she then took a seat at the edge of my bed, watching me.

"So," she started. "What am I suppose to do now?" 

"What you mean?" I asked, grabbing the tube of lipstick I had earlier.

"Well I mean I don't have Rakim anymore, and you're about to leave on you're grown and sexy shit."

"It's only for tonight," I laughed. "You'll live."

"I'm practically homeless now Jas," she blurted, serious now.

"Rae you know you're always welcome over here. The best I can do is the couch, but you're free to live with me."

"Thanks," she sighed. "I actually wanted to talk to you too."

"About what?"

"About what happened."

"What? What happened?" I questioned, grabbing my clutch that held my keys among other things.

Corey would be here any minute.