Chapter 16 - The kiss

I awoke to the sun hitting my face. I tried to move but Hannibal's arms were tightly wrapped around me. I remembered what happened last night and sighed. I wasn't going to tell anybody that Hannibal helped me kill Bill. But how had Hannibal not been caught? He wasn't experienced in this kind of thing... was he?

  I thought about how Bill was scattered all over the hospital room. I left Hannibal's hold and walked downstairs. I was deep in thought and didn't know that Hannibal was watching my every move curiously.

   I knew that Jack would eventually interrogate me and Grace, but it didn't bother me in the slightest anymore. I was quite ready to erase my past completely. But as I started rethinking about what Bill did, I felt... nothing. Did his death free me?

    Once I stood up, I left the house and walked into the woods. This environment is where I got kidnapped, but none the less I loved the woods. It began raining lightly as I was walking into the forest. The lovely sound of rain hitting the ground calmed me. I loved gloomy weather.

     I sat down on the ground as it began to pour

     I sat down on the ground as it began to pour. I heard someone quietly walking towards me as twigs snapped underneath the unknown person. I whipped my head to the noise and saw Hannibal waking over to me with an umbrella.

"You're going to catch a cold in this weather," Hannibal smiled at me as he came closer.

    I stood up and walked over to Hannibal. He embraced me, even though I was cold and soaked from the rain.

"Let's head back before it starts to thunder," Hannibal put his arm around my shoulders and I both headed back to the house.

     I was now at the steps that lead up to his house and I stopped before going in.

"What is it?" Hannibal turned around and stood in front of me, he was towering over me because of his height.

"I'm grateful you've come into my life."

Hannibal caught me by surprise as he engulfed me and then kissed me. I melted into his kiss and returned the embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter was not as long as I wanted it to be 😅

Don't forget to vote for this book! 🐸