Epilogue

February 16, 2021
Third person's point of view.

The dreamy smell of finger paints and paste assailed the man's nostrils as he walked slowly down the empty hallway to the only classroom with lot's of decorations outside at the end of the corridor, he could hear children screams for their answers as the woman laughter give light and joyful atmosphere inside the four walls room.

He knocked four times before he went inside, with a bouquet of white roses, a pack of chocolates, and candies.

Mia on the other hand was leaning on the board while holding the big storybook. Above her are the alphabet displayed above the board. As she saw the man in light blue sleeves her heart pumped faster.

"Good afternoon visitor." The children greeted him with smiles on their faces.

The man slightly bowed his head and skip a grin on his face."Good afternoon children and to you Teacher Mia." then he went to a corner as Mia looked back to her pupils.

"So children, did you like the story?" Pinapasiglang tanong niya sa mga bata kahit ang isip niya ay nasa lalaki.

"Yes, Teacher Mia,"

"I am the ant, Teacher Mia."

" I loved it, Teacher Mia,"

Tumango naman ito habang sumisigaw. So Mia gestured them to be quiet.

"Okay, so for tomorrow if you will do well again before we go home, I will read another story you like okay?" Masayang tanong niya sa mga bata.

"Yeheey!"

"Yes."

"Behave tayo again, tomorrow."

Chants the children, napangiti naman si Mia, habang tinitiklop ang storybook.

"Okay! One." Ma-autoridad na boses nito at lahat ng mga bata ay tumayo."Two." Yumuko ang mga bata at halos nagsisipagligsahan sa pagkuha ng mga crumpled papers o anumang basura na makikita nila, ng bumalik na sila sa pwesto." Three."umupo sila ulit ng maayos."Four."Kinuha nila ang mga bag nito at isinukbit sa likod ang ibang bata ay tinulungan naman ng lalaki."One."Tumayo ulit sila na nakatingin ng diritso sa teacher nila.

"Let us pray,"

Nang matapos na sila sa pagdadasal aakmang lalabas na ang mga bata ng pigilan ito ng lalaki.

"Wait, I have something to give you." Nakangiti niyang sabi sa mga ito.

Unti-unti namang sumilay ang mga ngiti nito ng ilabas niya ang pakete ng candies at chocolate binigyan niya ito isa-isa at nang matapos na, she looked straight at Mia.

Mia's face turned into rosy cheeks as the man walks with confidence towards her, she didn't expect this time will come that they would see each other again against the obstacles they encountered.

"Ku-Kuya Jong..." as she mentioned his name, her tears burst not because of sadness but because of mixed emotions. Happiness and longing.

The man slightly touch her cheek as her tears flow down."Don't cry, I'm here already nae salang," he said,

then leans his head to placed Mia a kiss on her forehead."I missed you so much."

"I-I missed you too, Ku-Kuya Jong." Hindi makapaniwalang sagot niya.

Anim na taon niya itong hindi nakita, hindi nakausap at hindi nahawakan. Parang sa panaginip lang ang nangyayari sa kanya ang hirap paniwalaan.

Jong-suk's snared his right hand to Mia's fragile body." I missed you most Noona Mia," he then bent his head and touched her lips softly.