(46) - Canadian Christmas *New Years Special* (Mini-Series: Part 7)

After Christmas was over, Shawn and I came back to his toronto apartment, leaving Tarzan with them since he and Oreo became good friends. We were on the couch, watching a random New Years Eve concert on the TV. 

My head was in his lap, almost drifting off to sleep. Shawn was doing his best to keep me awake. I haven't been sleeping well the past few days, and I even tried to take a nap in the afternoon, but I just couldn't fall asleep. 

"I can't believe this shit year is ending in less than a hour."  Shawn whispered loud enough for me to hear, while his eyes were still glued to the TV. 

"I know right."  I said, smiling up at him. 

"The one good thing was getting engaged to you."  Shawn rubbed his nose against mine.  

"And your album?"  

"Yeah yeah."  Shawn leaned down for a kiss. 

We decided on spending new years alone this year, unlike last year. Another performer started preforming and our eyes were back on the TV again. I got up from couch and walked over to the kitchen. 

"Shawn, do you want anything to eat?"  I asked, rummaging through the cabinets. 

"Is there candy?" 

I pull out a bag of M&Ms and Shawn grinned at me. I sauntered back to the couch and opened the bag of M&Ms. Shawn was the first to shove his hand into the bag. He popped some in his mouth before opening his arms up to me. I put my head back into his lap, and turned my head towards the TV. 

"Baby, do you want some?"  Shawn said with a few M&Ms in his hands. 

"Mhm"  I take them from his hand. The show was getting boring, so I took out my phone and started scrolling on Tik Tok. 

"Babe."  He said, dragging out the e. 

"What?"  

"It's almost new  years."  He ran his fingers through my hair, causing me to look at the TV. 11:55PM. 

"Yeah, I know."  I said, turning my head back to my phone. 

"Give me attention."  Shawn said, taking my phone from my hand. 

"Shawn! Give me back my phone."  I whined, causing him to grin. The grin that always gives me butterflies. 

"No baby."  He put my phone in his pocket. I get up and sit down next to him, resting my head on his chest. I look at the TV and the 1 minute countdown had begun. I smile up at Shawn.

When the clock struck 12, Shawn had a cheesy smile before grabbing my face with my hands. He closed the gap between our lips. 

"Perfect way to start 2021."  Shawn mumbled into the kiss. 

(A/N) - Happy New Years to all my readers! Hopefully 2021 does you good and I'm sending so much love! I hope you guys have a awesome 2021! Love youu xx

As of now, this is the last part of the Canadian Christmas, but I might continue it again on Christmas! xx