(22) - you broke me first

This imagine is based on the song "You Broke Me First" By Tate McRae.

I wonder why he was calling me. He was on tour, and it was almost 3am. I keep on looking at his name plastered across my phone screen. Some days, I keep on staring at my phone waiting for it. Now that it's there, I don't know what to say. I bring my knees to my chest, not knowing what I should do next. My heart is saying I should do it, but my head is saying he's probably drunk at party, or maybe it's a dare. The ringing ends, and I sighed. It comes again. I listen to my heart and I picked up the phone.

"Shawn?" I said, my voice cracking.

"Y/N" He says as his sobs take over.

"What's wrong?" I quietly said.

"I miss you" he admits.

"What do you mean?" My eyes widening.

"I want to get back together with you" he cries. All the memories come right back to me.

**FLASHBACK***
3 months ago•

"Shawn!" I run open to the front door to greet him! He plasters a smile across his face. I jump up and wrap my legs around his waist.

"Hey Baby" he said as he gives me a quick peck and puts me down. Something was wrong, I knew it. I frown at his actions.

"I didn't know you were coming" I said following him to the couch.

"I thought that we could hang." He said sitting down.

"Ok, what should we do?" I ask him while sitting down next to him.

"Let's just watch something on Netflix" he shares his idea.

"Ok." I said while I grab the remote and start browsing Netflix.

"I'll go get some snacks."  He says getting up. His phone falls out of his pocket, but he didn't notice. I ignore the phone and started focusing on finding a good movie to watch. Suddenly, his phone lights up and a text pops up on the lock screen.

Camila❤️🔥😘: hey baby, I had fun tonight. 😏Still thinking about you. 😉

My eyes widen at the message, I shake my head at the thought entering my head. My insecurities caved in and unlocked Shawn's phone and started reading their texts.

(A/N) - Shawn will be listed as "you" since she is reading through his phone.

~~~

Today 12:25PM

Camila❤️🔥😘: You wanna hang tonight?

You: of course 😏

Camila❤️🔥😘: can't wait 😉

Camila❤️🔥😘: wouldn't you rather hang with y/n?

You: your way better

Camila❤️🔥😘: then why are still with that bitch

You: Don't worry I'll tell her tonight babe.

Camila❤️🔥😘: I cant imagine what your going to do to me tonight 😏😏😏

You: you know what I'm going to do?

Camila❤️🔥😘: what baby? 😙

~~~

"WHAT THE FUCK Y/N?" Shawn hissed, snatching the phone away from my hand. My cheeks were already stained with tears

"Y-your cheating on me?" I asked him with my voice strained.

"Yes" he sat down with his face in his hands. The room fell silent, only my sobs echoing the room.

"Why?" I asked him wiping the tears off my face.

"It's so obvious! She's talented, she's prettier, she's hotter, she's a better kisser, she's-"

"STOP!" I yelled. His words slowly tore me apart.

"Y/N, we're over" He said as got up, grabbed his eyes, and walked out of my condo. That's when I broke. I fell onto the ground when my cries had taken over. He was gone. He was really gone.

***END FLASHBACK***

"Y/N?" He repeated.

"What happened with her?"

There was a pause before he started talking. "She cheated Y/N. She cheated! If this is how you feel, I'm so sorry. I totally forgot how amazing you were, how beautiful you were, how-"

"I know you like you this."

"What-"

"When shit don't go your way you needed me to fix it, and like me I did. But, I ran out of every reason."

"What are you saying?" He asked, confused.

"No suddenly your asking for it back, could you tell me where'd you get the nerve?"

"Y/N, I miss you. So much."

"Yeah you can say you missed all that we had."

"Yeah, i missed you."

" But I don't really care how bad it hurts."

"please."

"when you broke me first."

"Baby-"

"DON'T BABY ME SHAWN! You broke me first." I hung up the call. The phone started ringing, but I declined it and shut it off. That's it. Shawn was gone. I had no chance left with him.