(15) - Quarantine Birthday

(A/N) - Shawn is 22 today! Our muffin boy is getting so old! Words cannot explain how proud I am. He is my favorite person in the world and I hope he has a awesome birthday, even if it is in quarantine.

Shawn's birthday is today, and he still has to go to the studio to work on his fourth album. He goes at 8AM, and comes back at 8PM. It gives me just enough time to work on his surprise. Shawn wakes up at 6AM, but I wanted to make him a big birthday breakfast. So, I woke up at 5AM. Anything for the birthday boy. I got out of bed and put on one of Shawn's hoodie that was laying around in our room. I decided to make him a batch of chocolate chip muffins, scrambled eggs and some bacon. I work on the batter for the cupcakes, pour them into the pan and put the pan into the oven. While the muffins were baking, I cook some eggs and fry some bacon. I took the muffins out of the oven once they were done, and I stacked them on a plate. I split the eggs and bacon between the both of us. I place the plates on our table and in the middle I place the plate of muffins. It was already 5:50AM once I was done, so I quickly tip-toe over to the bedroom and snuggle up next to Shawn. I bury my face into his chest. His arms wrap around me and he gives me a kiss on the forehead. 

"Good morning birthday boy."  I look up at him. 

"Good Morning Babe"  

I pull myself up and give him a kiss. The kiss turns into a more passionate kiss. He turns me over, so he is hovering over me. He pulls out of the kiss and smiles down at me. 

"I made you breakfast" 

"What did you make?"  We both got out of the bed and were now standing.

"Go downstairs to see" 

He smirks. He grabbed my waist and pulls me over his shoulder. 

"SHAWN" I squeal while playfully hitting his back. He makes his way down the stairs and puts me down once he reached the kitchen. 

"Muffins!" His face turned bright and he quickly sat down in his seat. I sat down next to him. We both ate our breakfast. 

"I better  get ready for the studio."

"Ok" I give him a quick peck on the cheek.

"You missed" 

"Oh shut up" 

I grabbed all the dirty dishes and started washing them. When I was in the middle of washing them, Shawn came and hugged me from behind. 

"Bye princess. I'll be home by 8."

"Ok sweetie. I love you so much"

"I love you more." 

He grabs his keys and leaves our condo.

-SKIP TO EVENING-

Shawn was going to home in a few hours. I had a few plans for the night. I always knew Shawn loved parties, but we couldn't have parties in quarantine. I had reserved a empty parking lot and I invited his friends. I had planned a drive in movie birthday party. We would be all socially distanced and still would be having fun. Aaliyah and Karen would come at the end of the movie to bring his birthday cake. I had Brian and Mike decorate the parking lot, so it would be ready for when Shawn comes. We were going to take my car, so I decorated the trunk with fairy lights and I also brought blankets and pillows. I was scrolling on my phone when I heard the front door open and close. 

"BABE!" I ran over to him and kissed him.

"Hiii"  He said

"We have to go somewhere. So, get changed into some comfortable clothes."

"Where are we going?" 

"It's a surprise."

Shawn walked upstairs to our bedroom to get changed. I had my car keys in my hands, and was waiting for Shawn to come.  After a few minutes, he comes down wearing some black shorts and a white t-shirt. I grabbed his hand.

"Let's go." I smiled at him. We walked over to my car and I got in the driver's seat while Shawn got in the passenger's seat. 

"You still didn't tell me where we are going"

"Don't you know what a surprise is?" I say as I pull out of the driveway

"Teeeeell meeee" He crossed his arms and pouted. 

"Sorry Babe, no" 

"It's my birthday so you kinda have to tell me." 

"No."

"You don't love me anymore." He look out the window.

"Shawn I do love you. But, it's best I keep this a secret. We are almost here." 

A few minutes later, I pulled into the parking lot. His face turned bright and he looked over at me. 

"You did all of this?"

"Well, I had some help."  I said looking at Mike and Brian. 

He looks over at them and smiles. I park the car so that the trunk was facing the big screen. Shawn quickly rushes out of the car to open the trunk. He sees the fairy lights, blankets and pillows and goes over to hug me. 

"I love you so fucking much."  

I go on my tip toes to reach his lips. 

"Get a room!" Brian yells at us. 

Blush creeps up on my face. 

"Yo Shawn! Popcorn and drinks are over there!" Mike yells while pointing to the middle of the parking lot. 

Shawn looks over at me. "I'll get it. You go sit down."

"Ok" I say as he walks away. I climb into the trunk of my car. I grab a blanket it and pull it over my body. I watch Shawn as he gets popcorn and drinks while talking to his friends from a distance. After what seemed 5 minutes, he came back with some soda and a huge bowl of popcorn. He also climbed into the trunk and put the food down. He sat down next to me then put one arm around me to pull me closer. Just as the movie started, I pecked his cheek. 

"Happy Birthday."

"Thanks baby girl" 

Throughout the movie, Shawn kept on pulling me closer and giving me kisses. Once the movie ended, Shawn's friends and I looked at each other and started singing "Happy Birthday" Karen and Aaliyah came to the car with a cake with candles on it. He had a huge smile on his face. Once we finished singing the song, he blew out the candles. We cut the cake and ate it. Shawn insisted that we share a slice of cake. \

"Did I tell you that I love you?"  He smiled. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) - Wow. 1k words. My longest story so far. Sorry if this story is bad, my power was out for a few days and I wanted this out on Shawn's birthday, so yeah! Thanks for reading! Request are open!