(41) - Birthday Movie Night

(A/N) - This imagine is for the birthday girl Leena! Happy birthday and thank you being such a awesome friend. Your like a big sister to me! Happy Birthday xBookLover02 !!

LEENA'S POV

Worst thing to happen on your birthday: Finals. I just finished my last final for the semester.

I was staying at Shawn's tonight. Shawn and I haven't seen each other all day today. I was busy with school and finals. Shawn had to do some last minute promo for his latest album. 

As I knocked on the door of Shawn's Netherlands apartment, it opens right away. 

With one look at my tried eyes, Shawn pulls me into his apartment. 

"Surprise!"  Shawn brought my attention to his gray couch. 

There was a huge bowl of popcorn, drinks, and other snacks on the coffee table. My eyes move to the couch and there was a huge pile of blankets.

"Movie Birthday Night!"  Shawn exclaimed. My eyes teared up. After a long day of school, this was all I needed. 

"Oh and I got a cake!"  Shawn smiled. He rushed into the kitchen and I follow. Sitting on the counter was a small chocolate cake. Written in blue icing was "Happy Birthday Leena" 

"Oh my god Shawn. Thank you"  I whisper as he saunters over to me. I wrap my arms around his neck. 

"I love you"  I whisper again before bringing my lips to his. 

"Let's eat this cake, eh?"  Shawn mumbled into the kiss. I step back and nod my head. 

"Wait!"  Shawn said. "We need candles!"  

"We really don't need them-"  I insist. 

"Shit! I don't have any!"  Shawn cursed, running his fingers through his hair. 

"Shawn, it's ok."  I tell him, attempting to calm him down. 

"I think my neighbor has some! You wait right here, don't go anywhere."  Shawn said. Before he ran off, he pressed a kiss to my forehead. 

I grabbed my glass from the counter and poured myself a cup of water. As I was putting the glass back where I got it from, Shawn rushed into the kitchen once again with five candles in his hand. 

I watched him poke them into the cake one by one. He grabbed a lighter and lit them up. 

He ran behind the counter and started singing happy birthday.

"Happy Birthday to you!"  He finished.  I smiled before blowing out the candles. 

"Ok, let's eat this now!"  I grin.

"I'll cut it. You go get changed then we'll have a birthday movie marathon while eating!" 

I go into the one bedroom that my clothes were in. I always kept extra clothes in Shawn's apartment for nights like these. Beats going to my house just to get clothes. 

I find a pair of my own sweatpants and I slip into them. I run over to Shawn's hoodies and I take one. It was a dark blue hoodie. I put that over my head, then I rush into the living room. 

Shawn was sitting on the couch, scrolling through Netflix on the TV.  Shawn turns around, he has a huge grin of his face. 

"You look fucking adorable in my clothes." Shawn smiled. I smile back while walking towards him. 

I sit down next to him and right away his arms go around me. I lean forward to grab the piece of cake Shawn had cut out for me. He does the same. 

"Oh Shit. This is good."  I mumble while eating the cake. 

"I know right?"  Shawn agreed. 

After we finished the cake, Shawn and I filled up on snacks while watching a random movie on Netflix. 

"This is the best birthday ever." I said to Shawn. 

"Why? Because of me?" He had a smug smile on his face.

"No! Because of the cake!" I grin. A hurt look flashes across his face. 

"Of course you silly!"  I laugh.