(18) - Flood

I run up the driveway of the house me and my fiancé, Shawn live in. I had just came back from a long run with my friend. I was starving so I couldn't wait to get inside to have a snack. I grab my keys from my pocket and open the door.

As I swing the door open, a whole lot of water rushes out. I start panicking. I rush inside to see where the water is coming from. I find myself opening the basement door and see the whole basement filled with water. I run outside and whip out my phone. I quickly find Shawn's contact and call him. He was currently at the studio recording his fourth album.

(A/N) - Ok, who's excited for SM4?

"Hey Babe" I heard Shawn's voice ring through my ears.

"OUR HOUSE IS FLOODING"

"What?" Shawn says, panicked.

"THE BASEMENT IS FILLED WITH WATER AND NOW THE FIRST FLOOR IS COVERED WITH WATER"

"Wait, Babe. I'm coming." Shawn quickly said and hung up.

I poke my head inside the house and see all of our furniture getting ruined, along with the floor and the freshly painted wall. As more water came rushing out, I quickly shut the door. I walk over to the wall and slid down, bawling my eyes out. In a matter of minutes, I see a range rover pull up and Shawn running up the driveway. He quickly looks at me and pulls me up.

"What happened baby?"  He places a tot of hair behind my ear. Only sobs were coming out. I managed to open the door. Shawn's jaw dropped as water came rushing out, soaking both of our shoes.

"Shit" He muttered under his breathe while he walked inside. I follow him.

"Babe, you stay outside. I don't want you to slip or anything." With that, I walk outside.

A few minutes later Shawn comes out. "I think we should call 911." He says pulling out his phone and dialing them. He looks at me while talking to them. He grabs my waist with once hand and pulls me closer to his chest. He probably noticed that I was shaking. I had never had a flood happen in my life, and I had never handled these situations pretty well.

Shawn ends the call and slips the phone into his pocket. He puts his other hand on my back.

"Babe, it's ok." He calmly said.

"Shawn, our house, it's ruined."

"No, it not Y/N. We will do whatever " He lifts my chin up with one finger and closes the gap between our lips. Shortly after he pulled out and the firefighters and police came.

"It might take a while to get all the water out." A police officer said to Shawn.

"How long do you think it will take?"  Shawn asked as his grip on me became tighter.

"I think it might be done tomorrow morning . I recommend you go get the essentials and go book a hotel for the night."

"Ok." He said, then the officer walked away. Shawn turned to me.

"Let's go get our stuff."  His grip softens and he grabs my wrist. We both enter the house. Just as I was about to go up the stair, I slipped. But, just before I hit the ground, Shawn quickly caught me.

"Woah, be careful Babe." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes at him. We both went up the stairs and into our shared bedroom. I grabbed a random backpack and filled it with some clothes, a hoodie, one of Shawn's t-shirts, and some other stuff. Shawn also did the same. A few minutes later, we were already got out of the house. I was about to open the door to Shawn's range rover when he came running over to me and open the door up for me.