(4) - Power Outage

It was just a normal Wednesday evening. Me, sitting on the couch, watching T.V, waiting for Shawn to get home from the studio. I look out the window, watching the rain fall. Tonight, the rain was really heavy. I could hear the rain falling on the roof of the condo. Suddenly, the TV turns off, and so did all of the lights. I have been always afraid of the dark, since I was a kid. I hide myself underneath the blanket and turn on the flashlight on my phone. I try calling Shawn, but no signal. I decided to be brave and walk over to the bedroom. The lightning lights up the room every minute or so. BOOOM! I ran back over to the couch. The flashlight on my phone was draining my battery. Before I knew it, the flashlight turned off. My phone was officially dead. 

"Y/N?!" I hear a voice calling my name. Shawn. 

"SHAWN!"  I throw the fluffy, gray blanket off me and got up. I forgot the whole condo was pitch black.  I ran over trying to find him. Bumping into things. Just as I was about to trip, a pair of large hands caught me and pulled me closer. 

"It's gonna be ok, babe"  he said. 

I put my hands on his face trying to find his lips. Once I find them, I kissed him. 

"Babe, I never knew you were afraid of the dark."  He told me as he picked me up. 

I place my hands on his chest. "Since I was a kid..." 

"Why didn't you tell me?"  

" I was, well, embarrassed."

"Don't be" He said as he placed me on the couch. 

He sat on the couch next to me, and started humming "Never Be Alone"  I fell asleep as he started to run his fingers through my hair. 

(A/N) - Sorry this is so short.