(49) - Bad Kind of Butterflies

The imagine is based off the song "Bad Kind of Butterflies" by Camila Cabello

Y/N'S POV

The light of the moon poured into the bedroom, while I just sat there staring into the dark, waiting for my boyfriend Shawn. 

Shawn was at the studio, probably writing some love song about me while I sat here, thinking about another guy. 

My classmate, Charlie. The one Shawn always thought bad of. 

It all started when our science teacher paired us up for a project.

 Since I was living with Shawn, he would see Charlie come over multiple times to come work on our project. Boy, was he jealous. 

Shawn would always come over to us, and put his arm around me, or kiss my forehead every time Charlie was over. 

The more we worked on our project, the more I fell for him. 

He wasn't the quiet guy in the back of the classroom, he was funny, kind, and charming. 

Little did I know, a crush started forming. 

My thoughts were interrupted by the door handling turning. 

Shawn was home. 

SHAWN'S POV

The room felt different than other days. 

My eyes wander to my girlfriend sitting on the bed. 

"Hey baby."  I greeted, kissing her forehead. She pushes me off, sending me in shock.

She was never like this. 

"We need to talk."  She mumbled, making my face red hot. 

"W-why?"  I asked her, hoping for a answer that won't break my heart. 

Y/N'S POV

"Come here and sit next to me." I whispered, and he did so, looking intensely at me.

"Don't look at me while I'm breaking I muttered, making him look straight at the wall. 

"After what I'm gonna say, I understand if you hate me.

"There's something I gotta confess

He tells me "Baby just say it."  

I take a deep breath before continuing, tears falling at the thought of hurting him. 

"I've got bad bad bad kind of butterflies, like when you got something to hide." I said, making him look straight at me. 

"What?"  He whispered.

"Bad bad butterflies in my chest. There's something I gotta confess. Yes, there's somebody stuck in my head.

"This is about Charlie, isn't it?" He stood up, staring right into my eyes. 

"What do I do when I love you but want somebody else?" I closed my eyes, trying to avoid eye contact with him. 

"What do I lose if I don't choose and keep it to myself?" I continued. 

"I knew this was going to happen! Everybody wants a piece of you!"  He stress fully ran his fingers through his hair.

"Shawn, I'm sorry!"  I cried. 

"I thought you said that you guys were only friends?"  Shawn made a point. 

"I know I said we were friends. And when I said I meant it. Swear I meant it. Somewhere between now and then, it became more than just a friendship...

"I can't believe you cheated."  Tears trickled down his face. 

"I didn't cheat. I'm just, breaking up with you I guess." I looked down. 

"So, we are ending?"  He cried even harder now. 

"Yeah."  I understood these bad butterflies. 

He stands up and grabs his jacket in anger, walking out of the condo. 

i've got bad bad bad kind of butterflies