(32) - Playing with his hair

-_-_-_stream wonder_-_-_-

The oven makes a loud beep, signaling that the food was ready. Shawn's impatient eyes lit up as he heard the sound. He had just gotten home from a long meeting and was hungry as hell. Dinner was already in the oven when he came home and gotten changed. 

I grab the oven mitts, which were placed in a counter by the oven. Before putting them on, I turn the oven off before it over-cooks the food. When I opened the oven, hot air hit me in the face. I was already used to it, so I didn't have much of a reaction. 

I place the hot tray of nachos on the counter. Shawn helps out, and gives me two plates. I split the nachos evenly onto the plates. Shawn takes both of the plates and places them on the little table we always ate at . 

"You want any drinks?" I ask him.

"Just give me wine or something." Shawn mumbles, while I let out a laugh. I grab a wine glass, and poured him his favorite bottle of wine. I, on the other hand, recently got obsessed with Coke, so I usually had it. Shawn always limited my intake, since he didn't want me drinking too much. So, when he spots me taking out the bottle of coke out of the fridge, he quickly got up from his chair and rushed over to me. 

"Let me do that for you."  He said, taking the bottle of coke out of my hands, then planting a kiss on the top of my hand. I watch him carefully pour the bubbly liquid into my glass. I take his wine, and placed it on the table. I sit down as he gives me my glass of coke. 

"So, how was the meeting?" I asked him, taking a bite of my nachos. 

"It was really stressful." He took a small sip of his wine. 

"Why?" I asked him. I totally understood why it was stressful. Figuring out the date to start a new era was a big thing.

"Well, we all agreed that we should released wonder on October 2nd, but we just had a hard time deciding when I should start teasing it. I mean, the fans are getting impatient, and I would tease it right now. But, I don't really want to keep them waiting so long after teasing it."  

"When are you gonna do it?" I curiously asked him. 

"We are having another meeting tomorrow?" He said, massaging his temples before taking another bit. 

"Another one?!" I said, shocked. The meetings had always drained all the energy out of Shawn, and made him super stressed out. 

"Yeah, Andrew said it would be another long one." Shawn look a long sip of his wine. 

"Can't you just decide a date now and then Andrew could confirm or deny it over the phone?" I stood up and grabbed Shawn and I's empty dishes. I took them to the sink, and started washing them. 

"Andrew said I need to do a in-person meeting since it's so important." Shawn said, bending down to grab a towel. 

"That's too bad. I feel like I haven't, you know, spent time with you at all this week." I admit, handing Shawn a dish to wipe. He quickly dries it and places it in the cupboard it belongs in. 

"I know baby." He said, kissing my cheek. We finish with the dishes and the next thing I know, I was taking out microwave popcorn while Shawn was laying down on the couch, searching for a movie to watch. I feel like Shawn deserves a movie night, he has been working so much lately because of the album coming out in a few months. 

I walk over to the living room with my arms full with a hot bowl of popcorn and a another bowl full of candy. Shawn looks at me, asking if I needed help, but I answered no. I set all the bowls down on the coffee table and run off to the kitchen to grab some drinks. 

"Babe, we don't need this much." Shawn said. 

"Um, yes we do! You deserve this!"  I rushed into the living with 2 mugs of hot chocolate. I also placed the mugs down on the coffee table. 

"Where are you going now?" Shawn asked, before I started to go up the stairs.

"I'm gonna go get a blanket." I say, running up stairs. Shawn settles on a movie, and opens up his phone to pass the time. 

I come running down the stairs, with a huge, fluffy blanket in my arms, almost tripping. I run over to the couch, and sat down next to Shawn. Before I could pull the blanket over both of our bodies, Shawn had something to say.  

"Can you please play with my hair?" He lets out a deep laugh after talking. 

"Of course babe."  Shawn gets up and lets me move. I rest my back against the arm of the couch. Before he lays down on my lap, he bends down and gives me a short yet passionate kiss. He looks up at me and smiles. I reach out for the remote, but before I could grab it, Shawn did. He pressed a button and the movie on the TV started playing. 

I bury my fingers in Shawn's long, brown curls. He let's out a moan once I start playing with them. Shawn loved it when I played with his hair. I would usually do it whenever I wanted to but, when Shawn asked me to do it, it was usually meant that he was stressed or didn't feel good. It was pretty obvious that today he was feeling stressed. 

My attention went on the TV, and my eyes were glued to it. To be honest, the movie Shawn was watching was pretty boring, but I still watched it. 

I let go of his curls to grab my mug. But, it was a little hard to get it with Shawn's head resting on my lap. So, I tried my best to reach over. 

Shawn obviously got the word and handed me my cup. The hot chocolate was still hot and I was grateful for that. 

I loved nights like this, expect the part where Shawn is stressed. Just us two, loving each other, without even saying any words.