(27) - Work Stress

(A/N) - Thank you to one of the best writers I know (and my good friend) mcamendes for the request! Thank you for everything! I love you so much 

-MAISEY'S POV- 

I rest my head on the window of the city bus. Closing my eyes at the sound Shawn's angelic voice filling my ears. Today had been a very stressful day. I was a event planner. Today I had a certain client who couldn't decide what she want and declined all of my ideas. The bus stopped and I got off it along was many other people. The cool September air hit my face. I shove my hands into my pockets in order to get warmer. The walk from the stop to my condo wasn't that far. All I wanted to do was cuddle with my boyfriend Shawn, while watching a random movie. I smile at the thought of doing that.

I shove my keys into the key hole and the front door to my condo was opened. I walk inside and see Shawn's shoes lying there. He must already be home. 

"I'm home." I mumbled, taking off my shoes. Right when the words come out of my mouth, I hear footsteps coming towards me. 

"Hi baby." Shawn says pulling me in for a hug. His arms snake around my waist. 

"Hey."  I greet him. 

Shawn notices that something is wrong, but doesn't address it. Shawn let go of me and that gave me the chance to finally get out of this disgusting work attire. I run up the stairs and into Shawn and I's shared bedroom. I open the closet and grab a t-shirt from Shawn's side and some booty shorts from my side. 

I walk into the bathroom and took off my make-up. I take off the uncomfortable blazer and pants and into the very comfortable shirt and shorts. I was too tired to do something with my hair, so I take it out of the high ponytail and left it down. Suddenly my phone started ringing, very loudly. I run out of the bathroom to see who it was. 

My client, Maria. 

"Maisey here." I say into the phone. Maria start talking and I put the phone between my head and shoulder, and searched for a notepad. I quickly found one and starting writing everything she was saying. She finally decided want she wants. I walk down the stairs still writing. 

"Maria, the party is in a week. I don't think we can have everything you want before then." I calmly tell her. She starts yelling at me.

Shawn looks at me, mouthing "What the fuck?" He probably heard the yelling coming from my phone. I gave him a slight smile and placed the notepad on the kitchen counter. 

"I'll see what I can do." I calmly told her before I ended the call. I took a deep breathe before sitting down on the couch and putting my face into my hands. Shawn quickly ran over to me.

"Maisey, what's wrong?" He said as he strokes my back. 

"Being a event planner is so stressful." I cried, looking up at him. He uses this opportunity to wipe the tears that fell. 

"I know baby." He pulled me closer to him.

"I can't take this anymore."  My breathing became heavier.

"Maisey, look at me."  I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked him, my eyes still filled with tears.

"Breath." He said. 

"I can't."  I looked down. He used his finger to bring my face up. 

"Here, do it with me." I finally gave in and breathed in and out with him. After a few times doing that, I calmed down. Shawn smiled at his and brought his hand in mine. I stroked his bird tattoo with my thumb. 

"You feel better princess?" He said, causing me to smile at the nickname. 

"A little." I told him the truth. 

"We need to get your mind off this party planning shit." He took out his phone.

"You wanna order takeout?" He asked, smiling down at me.

"Of course."  I said.

"Chinese, or pizza or-" I cut him off. 

"Chinese." I responded right away. 

"Sweet and Sour chicken with fried rice?"  I nodded. He gave a cheesy smile before bring his phone to his ear.  I listen to him order our food. I grab the remote and went on Netflix to search for a movie. Just as I was about to click play on a movie, Shawn snatched the remote from my hand.

"We are watching Harry Potter!"  Shawn smirked at me as he sat down next to me.  

Without even thinking, I cuddle into his chest, breathing in his scent. He wasn't surprised by the actions. It was something I also did. My arm comes around and settles on his stomach, my other arm goes around his waist. Shawn's hand goes on my back, if possible, pulling me even closer. We were in that very comfortable for a few minutes until the doorbell rang, earning a groan from me.  

"Don't leave me." I pouted, sticking my bottom lip out. 

"Don't worry hun, it's only for a minute."  He laughs. He runs over to the door, eager to get the food. He payed the delivery man and came back to be with a plastic bag full of food. 

"Let's eat?"  He asked.

"Mhm." I agreed, trying to get in the same position again. 

"Babe, get up." he said. I didn't budge, that caused Shawn to playfully roll his eyes. He ripped open the bag and that was all it took to have me get up. 

That's when I knew, when things weren't going my way, Shawn will always be there to make it ok. 

(A/N) - Hope you liked it Maisey! xx