Chapter 8 Time for a break

~ Kayla's POV ~
I woke up in a strange room that I had never been in before. But guessed I was in Luke's house as that was all I could remember from last night. I looked across the room to see Luke fast asleep on the sofa bed in the corner. I lay there just watching him. The was only one thing we had in common and that was we had each other. Only that wasn't even true as he had so much more than me. I sat there watching him we were best friends but I couldn't help wishing we were more than that. Just because he was my friend doesn't mean he won't leave me where as if he loved me he wouldn't go anywhere.

Luke woke up about half an hour later and decided we weren't going to school that day because I had too much to handle. The day went pretty well until me and Luke went for a walk along the beach when we saw a family playing with a beach ball. There was a mum, girl and a baby boy. "that could have been my family but now I have none" When I looked at that family all the memories of my life before my mum had my brother all came rushing back into my brain and for a moment I didn't think I could go on anymore. "I promise that I will be here for you Kayla I'll hold your hand and we can do this together I'll be here every step of the way and I won't leave your side. Ok?" I cried harder. Luke was the only thing I had left I couldn't let him go but I couldn't hold him back. "you don't have to worry about me Luke, nobody likes me and I'm used to being disappointed so don't worry go and get your life back when you had lots of friends and everyone liked you. I know what it's like to have nothing and I don't want you to have go through the same thing. You don't have to pretend you like me anymore." He looked hurt. "I'm not pretending Kayla your a really sweet girl and you deserve more than this. I'm looking after you because that's what best mates do."

After about a week of being off school I decided I was going back. Luke went back 3 days ago because he didn't have a good enough excuse to be off. I woke up on time, got in the shower and got changed. I put on a little make up and made myself pancakes for breakfast. I had time so why not? I ate them while watching How I Met Your Mother in the living room. I was about to leave when the bell went. I ran over yelling to Luke I was on my way.