Chapter 43 Second Chances

~ Kayla's POV ~

I walked through the house crying and went straight to my mum. She wrapped her arms around me holding me close the way Luke did when he promised not the leave. "I j-just s-said goodbye m-mum!" I said in between sobs. She made me tell her everything. From beginning to end.

"Well, after you left I was alone for ages and ages and then Luke found me. We kept walking home after school and he would always make sure I was safe. I thought he would see what a big problem I was and leave and he did but not as soon as I thought he would. He gave me this promise ring." I said showing her the ring that was attached to my denim shorts. "the promise was that he would stick by me and never leave but you know he broke the promise. I had to take the ring off because he broke his promise but I put it here because I didn't want to forget him. He means the world to me and I just let him go. I feel like I have just made the biggest mistake of my life but at the same time I'm glad about what I did. He lied to me and that's wrong, I shouldn't have let him mess with my feelings the way he did but I can't help being angry at him." I let the tears fall and couldn't stop. My mum lay a hand on my knee.

"Maybe Kayla, maybe you should give him a second chance." I nodded and she finished, "after all you gave me a second chance. And what I did was horrible and if people knew I would be jailed." I knew she was right. I gave her a second chance and I must do the same to Luke. I spent the rest of the day thinking about it till I made my decision. I wasn't going to give him another chance. He hurt me too much.

~ Luke's POV ~

Thankfully Calum was on his way to the shop and walked over when he saw me staring into space, shaking with fear and tears rolling down my face. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and took me home.

When we were at my house I was asked, by my mum, to explain what had happened earlier on that day. "She moved on." I whispered as my tear stained cheeks soon became covered in tears once again. Knowing I couldn't say anymore my mum told me to go and get a shower and have and early night as I was going back to school tomorrow. I had no strength to argue so I did as I was told and fell straight asleep as soon as I fell into bed. Maybe I might have a better chance at getting her back tomorrow.