Chapter 15 Trouble

Hope everyone is enjoying this and there will be a sequel to follow but don't worry we're nowhere near the end

~ Kayla's POV ~

When I answered the door to Luke I had bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks but he still pulled me in for a big hug. He truly cared about me. He seemed like the only one who did. He took my hand and led me through to the living room even though it was my house. He held my hand tighter than ever before. He forced me to explain what had happened so I did.

We lay on the couch watching movies and eating cookies, chocolate, popcorn, sweets, biscuits, pancakes and when I looked around at all the rubbish I thought we must have looked pretty fat. I was eating a bit more now but still not enough.

I had my head resting in Luke's lap and he was playing with my hair.

We watched movies for hours pissing ourselves laughing at the funny ones, Crying at the sad ones and moaning at the romantic ones, complaining that we wanted a relationship with someone like that.

It was really late, about 1am and Luke said he had to go. "don't go Luke please I don't want to be alone." I felt the tears forming in my eyes but blinked them back. I don't want to cry I want to forget but with my life that was hard. "I'm sorry" he whispered.

I didn't care what he was saying I was going home with him. I got up and he asked what I was doing "coming with you" I said with a smile on my face. He just groaned but took my hand anyway.

We were walking down the street when I heard so one yell out. "HEMMINGS!" Luke froze and turned to me. "Kayla go back home, don't not worry about me just go and don't look back." I could see the fear his eyes as he ran down the alleyway trying to hide. I wanted to stay but I must listen to Luke.

~ Luke's POV ~

I hid down the alleyway trying to be silent but they knew where I was. I felt two hands grab my shoulders with a firm grip. I tried to shake them off but I couldn't. I hit them and kicked them but it was no use, they wouldn't budge. Another guy came up behind me holding my wrists so tight I felt the bruises forming. "Who the fuck it she and why do you care about her?" Their voices were deep and I knew straight away who they were. Jake and Scott. The two bullies of the town. They hated anyone that got attention that wasn't them. It is hard to believe 8 months ago us three were best of friends until we were caught and now they hate me.

It all started with the old me.

I used to be a 'bad guy'. I don't know what I was thinking but I was 16 and looking for trouble. I used to steal. I can still remember the whole time as if it happened yesterday but I want to forget. Me and the boys thought it was fun and we mucked about taking everything way to far and that is why I have to keep it a secret that I am in a band with Ashton Irwin.

It all happened on April 23. It was a Friday night and me and the boys were bored. Jake and Scott used to shop lift all the time in fact I'm sure they still do and now they hate me when in reality everyone should hate them.

Ever since I joined Norwest Christian Collage in year 7 my whole life changed. I began to hang out with the wrong crowd. I was getting detentions every day and my grades dropped dramatically. My parents were starting to get a bit annoyed. I would stay out late every night and come home acting like nothing had happened. I remember my brothers getting upset over the choices I made too.

Suddenly I got a horrible flashback to the day I never want to forget, the day I hurt my brothers and my family forever.

I was pacing up and down the police cell punching the walls taking my anger out on anything I could see. I knew I'd be in trouble. Big trouble. I was shoving a packet of skittles in my pocket without noticing the shop keeper looking at me. They shouted and we were caught. I was arrested at the age of 16. But this wasn't knew I had changed and I was getting in trouble all the time but I had never been arrested.
I had phoned my parents to come bail me out when my brother walked in with tears in his eyes. "Just stop Luke" he said. I looked at him and rolled my eyes because I didn't care what he was talking about. "I'm being serious Luke, Mum and Dad are in tears and I want my brother back!" I didn't know he felt this way. I then realised that my actions were affecting my family. I shrugged my shoulders and he ran out crying.

I would do anything now to change the way my brother felt about me. Since then he has never trusted me again.

Ashton was in the group of friends with me and he too got arrested and since then I was told never to even look at him again.

Jake and Scott hate me now because I got us caught and they were in deep shit and in juvenile jail for 2 weeks.

"Hey, get your dirty hands of him and fuck off!" It was my brother!

Jake and Scott looked pretty scared and ran off.

I ran straight up to my brother giving him the biggest hug ever, he was taken back a little bit but soon held me tight. I had tears rolling down my cheeks but he comforted me. "why did you do that for me?" He looked at me and answered. "because you are my brother and they are the reason you got arrested. I know you would never do anything like that alone." I just hugged him and apologised.

~ Kayla's POV ~

It has been 2 and a half hours since Luke ran down the alleyway and he wasn't answering his phone. I was scared. There was nothing I could do though so I changed into shorts and a vest top and climbed into bed. I cried myself to sleep worrying if Luke was ok.

So Luke was a badass! Haha thanks for reading guys and u should follow me on Instagram kthemmings_art I post 5sos fan art and remember to go read dear diary by romanxo she is the best