Chapter 24 The build up

~ Luke's POV ~

Things are getting crazy. I have finally been ungrounded and thankfully my parents haven't found out about the night I snuck out to meet Kayla. Oh Kayla, I'm gonna miss her so much. Things are really kicking off for the band, we now have a manager but nothing big. But it is big for us so maybe you could say it is big. I don't know. But it is all really exciting. This was the big build up.

So Kayla wouldn't get suspicious we played a few acoustic shows in the park and on the beach. We all had really good fun. We played some small shows in pubs and small restaurants to let people know what we're are like and that maybe our ambitions aren't larger than life. Maybe there achievable after all.

I took the words Kayla had said that night "we'll never be as young as we are now" and write more and a song is maybe coming together. I was headings over to Michaels house to show the boys what I had written. Mia and Kayla were out shopping for the day so I used the time to meet up with the boys alone. I knocked on the door and quickly Michaels mum came to the door she let me in and I went straight to Michaels garage where we practise. Everyone was there including Beth, she was the only girl and looked disappointed when she saw Kayla wasn't with me. "I'll see you guys later bye!" She waved goodbye and left. I don't blame her if I was a girl I wouldn't want to be stuck in a room full of 'guys' that have a mental age of a two year old.

When we were all ready I got out my guitar and handed ashton the sheet of music I had prepared earlier to my song. I strummed on my guitar while he started hitting his drums and before we knew it we had a great beat going on.

"I need your love to light up this house
I wanna know what your all about
I need to feel you feel you tonight
I need to tell you that's it's alright

I need your love to guide me back home
When I'm with you I'm never alone
I need to feel you feel you all night
I need to tell you that's it's alright

We'll never be as young as we are now
It's time to leave this old black and white town
Let's seize the day lets run away
Don't let the colours fade to grey
We'll never be as young as we are now
As young as we are now"

I looked up and saw all the boys with open mouths. "sorry it's not the whole song but It's all I got so far" I didn't even notice the tears falling down my face. The all clapped anyway. "it's amazing Luke!" Calum said while patting me on the back. "yeah man! It's great!" Ashton said. "the best!" Michael cheered. "thanks guys" I said with a huge grin on my face. I was so happy they liked it but could I tell them it was about Kayla? Maybe.

After a while we said our goodbyes and I walked back with Calum. We were all buzzing because of the upcoming events. I was only acting though. I think. I don't really know. I didn't want to leave because Kayla was going to be alone.

"You don't seem excited." Calum said. "I am. I think." I said confused myself. "it'll be ok Luke, Kayla will still be alive when you get back. You can leave her for a while"
"But I don't know if I can!!!" I ran my hands through my hair. "she told me I saved her life, quite literally!" Calum shook his head. "Don't worry. Be happy, have fun and enjoy the build up." He patted back and walked up to his front door. "bye bro! See you on Tuesday! The big day!" He grinned. "yeah whatever" I mumbled.

I walked in my house and collapsed on the sofa crying. My mum came over and put her arm around my shoulder. "You wanna talk about it Luke?" She asked sympathetically. "I don't know what to do!!!" I wailed. She said she understood but no one does. "Just tell her Luke enough secrets!" I nodded but thought otherwise. I will not tell her. I can't.

I went upstairs for an early night. I had two days to think of something to tell Kayla. Only one of those days would be taken up with school. My last day...

Hey so u r probably wondering what Luke is getting so worked up about but don't worry all will be revealed in the next chapter! 😊 Thanks again for all the reads it means so much to me! 😃 remember go follow me on Instagram - katiehemmings_art