Chapter 25 Crashing down

So this chapter reveals EVERYTHING! I cried when I wrote this but I hope u like it 💕 it should be exciting but quite emotional so be ready 💕

~ Luke's POV ~

Monday. School. My last day. For now.

I got up and had a shower and got changed for school. I felt sick, like I had changed my mind about everything. I remember feeling like this the day I spoke to Kayla for the first time. I knew she was getting bullied and I knew she needed help. I had liked her for ages. I mean like really liked her. I finally worked up the courage to ask her and honestly, it was the best decision I have ever made.

I went down stairs and made a slice of buttered toast but I took one bite and through it in the bin. I wasn't hungry. "hey Luke you better leave now don't want to be late!" I nodded at my mum and packed my stuff. I gave her a quick hug and left.

I walked down the street towards Kayla's house. I was thinking about skipping today but decided that wouldn't be wise.

I knocked on Kayla's door to hear her yell at me to come in. I went in to find her brushing her teeth while packing her bag. "sorry, slept in!" I laughed but it sounded so fake. Kayla didn't seem to notice so I was glad.

The day dragged on forever and before I knew it me and Kayla were walking home. She punched my arm gently "what's up Luke!" I shook my head. "nothing, I have to go now bye!" I waved and ran off.

I felt really bad I don't know why I was doing this to her. I felt the tears roll down my cheeks so I went straight up to my room.

After about 2 and a half hours, I was called down for tea. I didn't want any though. I just wanted to be alone.

My mum said since I wasn't having any tea I was to pack my bag and have an early night. "You look exhausted Luke" I gave her a fake smile and went up to my room where a big suitcase was lying waiting to be filled with clothes for cold weather.

-9 hours later-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 7 am. I got ready and left the house silently so no one knew I was gone. I made my way to Kayla's house with tears pouring down my face. Nobody knew how hard this was for me. No one.

I picked up the spare key from under the door mat. I let myself in, did what I needed to do and left with tears rolling down my cheeks. Then, I left.

~ Kayla's POV ~

Beep Beep Beep

I woke up to the sound of my alarm deafening my ears. I got up and had a shower. I got changed into a pair of black leggings and my school shirt, applied my make up and loosely curled my hair all ready for school.

I walked downstairs to find a note on the counter next to the sink. I read it carefully not able to take in what I was reading. The note said:

Dear Kayla,
I'm sorry. I promise you I will be back. I don't know when but I will come back. Things have started off for the band and we have travelled to London. One Direction have asked us to be the opening act for the Take Me Home tour. I didn't want to leave you but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had to take it. I know I will be gone for a while but I had to take this chance. I hope you will understand and I want you to know I will always be here to talk to even if I'm am not right there in person. This is hard for me too but I had to chase my dream and so do you. I am sorry Kayla. I will miss you so much but I will be back.

Love Luke x

It felt like my whole world had come crashing down. I had just lost everything I had. I collapsed on the floor crying like I would never stop. My heart was racing and I didn't know what to feel. I was really sad because I was alone again. I was scared because I didn't know what would happen. I was angry because he left. Long before the end. He said we would take each step together and one day we'll reach the end still holding hands but we wouldn't because he was gone.

I was alone again. I lay there crying for hours. I had a huge headache and felt sick. I was exhausted. My life just crashed down faster than ever before. I have given up. I got out my blade and cut until the pain was unbearable.

~ Luke's POV ~

We were at the airport and everyone couldn't wait to board the plane except me. I wanted to run home and lock myself in a room. I missed Kayla more than ever. A girl like her was hard to find and I let her go. I could feel the tears brimming up in my eyes and I let them fall. Ashton knows what I did and how I chose to tell Kayla. I felt him walk over and put an arm around my shoulders. He was like a brother to me. They all were.

Our flight was called and just before we boarded the plane to leave Sydney for a long time, someone called Ashton's name. It was Mia. "Ashton, Ashton wait!" Mia was trying to catch her breath. "I know maybe your annoyed with me and I know I have been so mean to you but I want you to know I want you back!" Knowing Ashton was getting Mia back and I wasn't getting Kayla back upset me. Ashton nodded and gave Mia a big hug. They waved goodbye and promised to FaceTime when we landed.

I told Kayla I didn't know how long but that was because I didn't want her to know. It would be at least 9 months. I can't do this to her! "Yes you can" Michael said. It was like he read my mind. He patted my back but left when we were given our seat numbers. Michael was 23, Ashton was 24. Me and Calum were on the row behind with seat numbers 25 and 26.

I didn't talk the whole way. All I thought of was Kayla and how I broke her completely. I was hurting inside and it hurt me more knowing I hurt her too.

I cried when I wrote this so yeah hope you liked it 😂💕