Chapter 46 Love

~ Kayla's POV ~

"I am so sorry Kayla. I promise I will never do anything like this to you again. I love you. All I wish is for you to respect my feelings because falling for you was never something I planned." Luke said quietly while staring at the floor. Hugging him closer I said it didn't matter. "All that matters is I've got you back Lukey." I said. He played with a pile of sand sitting at our feet. But I knew he was blushing even if it was sunset.
"the beach really is the best place isn't it?" He asked. "Yes Luke, it is because it is our place." I said before he placed a gentle kiss on my nose. I didn't know how I felt about this. Luke had just said he loved me and I didn't know if it was true but I knew for a fact I loved him too. If I played hard to get it might make him think about it more.

"Hey let's go paddle!" He said with a grin on his face.
"What but Luke it's like zero degrees in the water!"
"This is Sydney Kayla! It's summer! This is what we should be doing at seventeen years old!" He said pulling me up. It was nice being able to forget the fact that I was just kidnapped. "fine! But only for a while I need to let my mum know I'm safe and that guy didn't kill me" I said while getting to my feet. I untied my converse laces and took off my socks while Luke did the same.

We ran down the soft golden sand hand in hand and now I felt happy again. After a long time of splashing about and watching the sunset Luke apologised again. "I'm sorry Kayla. I really am." I knew the time was right so I did it. Placing a finger to his mouth and telling him to shush, he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him and I pressed my lips against his. Knowing he was smiling I pulled away and said, "I love you Luke."
"I love you too Kayla." He said before replacing his lips on my mine.

Standing there in the sunset on the beach with waves lapping at our feet, my dream came true. I was happy and I had reached the end of a long journey.

So one more chapter to go one more chapter!!!! I cried the whole way through writing this because I thought they were cute together! I am a bit freaked out because this fanfic will finish on Friday the 13th! 😂❤️😘