Chapter 42 No escape

~ Kayla's POV ~

Ever since that bump with Ashton I haven't left the house I'm scared that I will only meet one of them and maybe even Luke. I want to see him and hear his voice again but at the same time I don't even want to look at him. I don't know what I want but I know there's no escape.

I decided today was the day I will leave and hope for the best. I needed to head to the shop to get some snacks for me and Mia's movie night tonight.

I walked to the shop listening to music and thinking about how much better things are now I'm not alone. I pulled my earphones out and entered the shop with a nerve wrecking feeling that I would bump into one of the boys. Just as I was thinking this I knocked over a packet of biscuits and banged heads with the person in front. I looked up and saw Luke standing there with his eyes brighter than ever. "Kayla?" He said nearly choking on his own breath. "Hey" I said quietly.
"I-I am s-so sorry" He said.
"I-I k-know" I answered.
"I think we need to talk Kayla."
"No Luke there's nothing to talk about." I said with tears rolling down my cheeks.
"There is Kayla, I have to apologise." He said sounding as scared as me.
"There's nothing to talk about Luke, y-you said you would be there f-for me no matter what a-and you said we would reach the end h-holding hands but you left. Long before the end." I said shaking my head walking slightly past him.
"D-don't l-leave Kayla!" He said crying.
"Why should I stay Luke?" I whispered crying too. "because you never did!" I finished before walking away from him forever.

As I walked home I couldn't believe I had just pushed Luke out my life for real. I had said goodbye.

After all this drama I decided to cancel tonight's movie night so I called Mia and she was fine with it all.

~ Luke's POV ~

I stood there in the middle of the shop with tears pouring down my face, crying uncontrollably. People were staring but I didn't care. Kayla had moved on, without me. She was strong enough alone.

I was heart broken because that day, that moment was the moment I realised I loved Kayla.

Ooh exciting chapter! I hope! Haha near the end...i think! 😂😂