Chapter 10 Dreams...

Hey guys thanks again for all the reads I am so happy! 😂 I wasn't going to update but I have nothing else to do 😂 if u have any suggestions of fanfic a about 5sos let me know I need a good one to read 💕💕

~ Luke's POV ~
"Hey Luke can I ask you a question?" Kayla asked me. We were walking to the beach after school just like we did every night. "no" I said jokingly. I saw her face and laughed "course you can stupid" she laughed and pretended to hit me. She was happy right now and I was planning on keeping it that way. Then I remembered what was going on in my life and the fact I knew things that she didn't and it hurt me knowing it would hurt her. I blinked back the tears not wanting to show I was weak. "what do you do when you have larger than life ambitions and you've had your hopes up and there about to come crashing back down?" She looked like she was going to burst into tears. it's funny how someone's feelings can change in seconds. "it's impossible" she looked at me blankly. so I continued "its impossible because no dream is too big. if you want something you'll get there and if you don't then it wasn't meant to be. the important thing about a dream is that you always beleive. What is your dream anyway?" I had to ask I wanted to know if she had anything look forward to and to make her happy in the future. "Wow that's the best advise anyone has ever given me! I want to get into Harvard for art work and graduate to be an artist but I know it will never happen" she looked down as if she was ashamed but she shouldn't be that is an amazing dream. "It might happen?" I knew she could do this. "you really think so?" I shook my head and she looked disappointed. "no Kayla I KNOW you can do this! Never give up!" I swear I have never been so happy knowing my friend had dreams like me. "You really think I should try and do this?" She was overwhelmed. "You go girl!Harvard's calling you!" I made sure I said this as clear as possible. Someone as strong as Kayla deserved a once in a life time opportunity and after all I was getting one so she more than anyone deserves one too. She looked at me and grinned from ear to ear. But then her face fell and tears rolled down her cheeks. "I can't." she have seen my confused face so she continued. "that was my mums dream and it never happened cos I came along I can't steal her dream. I just can't." Tears continued to fall so I pulled her in for a big hug. Without thinking I kissed her forehead and she blushed. "Every dream is different Kayla and your mums dream might have been similar but not the same." She blushed again. Damn I was falling for this girl. I was falling hard.

~ Kayla's POV ~
I waked home and said goodbye to Luke when I found a voicemail on the phone. Straight away I knew something was wrong. I picked up the phone and listened. It said-
Hi Kayla
We are very sorry to say your mother has had an accident she was leaving the hospital and was hit by a car. She is in a deep coma but a steady position. You are welcome to come and see her anytime as she needs you.
Bye
It felt as if my whole world had fallen apart there and then. I cried longer and harder than ever before but I didn't know how I felt. I was angry my mum was never like a mother to me and nothing hurts more than knowing you own mum doesn't like you. After a while I decided I won't go and see her because she was never there for me when I needed her so why should I be here for her? But I couldn't help but cry. I phoned Luke to let him know what had happened and he came straight away.
He walked in the the living room where I was crying on the floor and he came and sat beside me.
~ Luke's POV ~
I soon as I got the call from Kayla I knew something was wrong. I went straight to her house where I found her crying on the floor. I wrapped an arm around her being careful not to hurt her and let her lean on my shoulder. she cried for hours and hours and let me listen to the voicemail. I admit a year left my eye as well. Now her mum was ill she will be alone for sure. After making sure she was ok I left but not forgetting her dream. That will stay with me for ever.

~ Kayla's POV ~

Beep beep beep
My alarm woke me up around 7 so I slipped in the shower and changed into some jeans and a vest top. I wasn't going to school today I had more important things to do like find my father...!