Chapter 36 I miss you

~ Luke's POV ~

After that emotional phone call home, I soon saw how much I missed everyone. I was seventeen! I shouldn't be halfway across the world missing home! I should be out with friends living a normal life without a care in the world. I know I'll never get that chance now, my life was changing. I'm still the same person but I had to adjust to a new lifestyle really fast. Everything changed.

I couldn't take it anymore so I dialled Kayla's mobile number. I don't know why but I felt I had to. After 5 rings she picked up.
~hello
~kayla?
I heard her take breath while letting the tears fall.
~Luke, well done.
that was all she said before breaking down into tears.
~thank you but Kayla?
~y-yes?
She was weak I knew she was
~I miss you
I said quietly
there was a long silence and just before she hung up I heard her whisper 'I miss you too'

My heart skipped a beat, I dropped my phone and let the tears fall. "Hey what's up Luke?" Calum asked slightly too cheerily. "she said she misses me" that was all I could say.

~ Kayla's POV ~

"I miss you too" I said before hanging up the phone. I had said well done because he made it, he reached his goal. All I had to do now was prove to him I could reach my goal too. Alone.

My mum was having a load of friends over for a BBQ to celebrate our new house so it would be busy tonight. I don't understand how she can just come back and fall back into her old life again. I will never be able to do that. I couldn't even look at her in the same way. She didn't feel like a mum to me.

After about an hour, loads of people started to show up and the place got pretty crazy. My mum didn't know how to work the BBQ so a friend had to cook. He seemed happy enough, everyone seemed happy. Except me.

I left the house and walked towards the beach. I stayed for hours.

Staring up at the dark sky, watching all the tiny stars glowing and lighting up the night. "I miss you" I said while looking up at the brightest star. I was referring to my brother. I remembered what Luke had said and suddenly the events of that night came rushing back to my head. "I miss you too Luke." I said letting the tears fall. "please come back!" I didn't care that no one could hear me. I just missed Luke so much, the thought of him was making me cry.

Short chapter I'm sorry but I am just filling in for the big chapter coming up
Thanks for all the reads ly x