Chapter 27 Night 1 Day 1

~ Luke's POV ~

We found a nice Chinese restaurant and found a table for 4. Adam wasn't able to come as he was arranging our schedule for tomorrow.

We placed our order and chatted while we waited. Well the boys did, not me. I was thinking about Kayla. I really wanted to text her but at the same time I didn't. I still can't believe I let her go. Why did I do that? One day I will get her back. I hope.

"Luke?" Ashton waved a hand in front of me. I blinked hard and looked up. "w-what yes-wait what did you say?" I was really confused. I had just completely zoned out. "You were in a daydream! We are trying to guess what time it would be in Sydney right now? Calum thinks 3:30pm, I think 4:00pm and Michael thinks 8:00pm!!!!!! What do you think?" I looked at them blankly. I had no idea! "Um, what time is it now?" I asked. "6:00pm" Calum answered. "Eh, I'll go half four in the morning" I didn't really care. I was too busy thinking about Kayla and weather I should text her or not. "right I'll check online now!" Michael said cheerily. After a minute his face dropped and I zoned out again.

All I could hear was quiet mumbling in the background. My thoughts were in the day I met Kayla. The day I spoke to her for the first time. She looked-"LUKE!" I was cut off by Ashton waving at me and yelling my name again. "WHAT?!" I said louder than I should have. "hey it's ok bro you just won that's all. It's five in the morning in Sydney." I shrugged and was glad when I saw our food coming. I was starving.

~ Ashton's POV ~

We sat in silence eating our food. I think we were all a bit shocked that Luke shouted but deep down we knew he'd be like this.

When we were all finished we headed back to the hotel. The jet lag was really kicking in now and we just wanted to sleep.

When we got back I fell asleep the minute my head it the pillow. Everyone else was the same.

~ Luke's POV ~

Everyone was sleeping except from me I felt the tears in my face slide down my face. I knew Kayla would be the same even though it was 11 hours ahead for her. She would cry for days I knew it.

I wish I was stronger but Kayla was in the past now. I had to forget. I blinked hard when a light was switched on but calmed down when I saw it was just Calum. "text her" he said. "what do u mean I can't jus-"
"Just do it." he raised his eyebrows.
"but how did yo-"
"Luke!"
I rolled my eyes. I reached over the bedside table where my phone was but stopped. "she won't see it till the morning though."
"Timezones" he said bluntly.
"It's fine I will do it tomorrow" I said.
"Luke please! You can't focus at all. Even though the rest don't seem to care I do! Your not being yourself at all. You need her and she needs you, it might have to be long distance but it can work. This is night 1 we have months to go. Text her now." I sighed. He was right about everything. I picked up my phone and dropped it again in shock. "what?" He said. "she-she h-has text m-me!" I was shocked but when I read it my heart dropped and tears fell down my face. "what is it Luke?" I opened my mouth but no words came out. He took my phone and read the text before giving me a hug.

From Kayla 💕

At least I know the truth.

That was all it said.

~ Kayla's POV ~

Day 1 without Luke. Horrible. I felt so alone and wished for my life to be normal for once.

I was thinking for hours and hours and finally sent the text. I know the truth now. Luke never really cared. He used me to get over his anger issues. I hated that I was used. I'm now meant to hate him but I can't I think I might love him instead. I don't know. All this crying is making my head ache I can't think straight.

The tears continued to fall. Every time I did the right thing it felt so wrong. I wanted to move on but there was so many things stopping me. Luke was gone, I had memories of us together but memories never stay the same. They change, they fade and sometimes they even disappear. I would do anything right now to get Luke back. But I had to move on.

So another short chapter but the text was kinda important so I had to put it in somewhere thanks for all the reads I didn't think anyone would even look at it! 💕