Chapter 4 Let it all out

~ Kayla's POV ~
I woke up covered in sweat I had just had a really bad dream where my brother had gone and I didn't get to say goodbye. I looked at the clock and realised I had slept in. I checked my phone wondering why the alarm hadn't gone off to find it was out of battery. I plugged it in to charge and slipped in the shower. I had to make it quick or I would be late for school. I got out, shoved on some school clothes and moved onto my hair when the doorbell went. why was I so popular all a sudden? I slid down the banister and answered the door. it was Luke and he followed me through to the kitchen where my bag was. "do you want breakfast?" I offered even though there wasn't a lot of food in the house. "nah I'm fine have you had any?" I looked at him. "nope I don't eat any-" my heart started beating faster and faster. "I mean I don't eat Breakfast anymore" Luke gave me a concerned look and we walked to the bus stop.

The day went pretty fast but the usual drama happened. I got slapped across the face for sitting in the wrong seat by Chloe but Luke stepped in and slapped her and before I knew it we were walking home again.

We walked for a while and ended up back on the beach. we found a picnic and then he saw the ice cream van again. "ok you must be hungry today what do you want?" I just shook my head in shame once again. he sat back down. "you're not eating are you?" I couldn't look him in the eye. he gave me the whole speech about if I don't eat I'll get ill. he looked like he was gonna burst into tears. I swallowed, took a deep breath and said "Luke I think we need to talk it's not Chloe that bothers me so much it's something else" I felt my voice trembling this was so scary I hadn't said a word about it before to anyone. "you need to tell me" he was serious. "my brother he- he is ill in hospital. he's five months old and hanging onto life by a thread. My mum is always with him and I haven't seen her in months and my brother is going to die. he won't make it out of hospital. I can't do this anymore Luke I have no one I don't know my dad he left before I was born and it's too much Luke. I am literally on my own. I've cut myself and it's done nothing I don't feel better. I need help." I didn't know I was crying until Luke wiped the tears from my face. God it felt better now I had said it all. He told me things would be ok and work themselves out but if I ever needed him he would be there. He would stay by my side and be with me every step of the way. Till the very end.
He stood up and gave me a hug. For the first time in months I smiled.