Chapter 31 You're not alone

~ Kayla's POV ~

My hands were shaking, tears fell down my face and my heart was racing. My mother was standing opposite me in a similar position. She was shaking all over and as she blinked tears covered her cheeks. She was pale, not how I remember her but she was still my mum.
"I'm so sorry Kayla" She whispered. I swallowed. "I missed you mum." I replied. "but now I'm back" she finished.
I couldn't think of anything else and for a moment I forgot about Luke. I reached forward and hugged her tight, knowing I couldn't let her go again. "I can't live with myself for what I did to you Kayla, but I want you to know I am truly sorry for everything. I left you and that was horrible and selfish of me. I promise that I will never ever do anything like that to you ever again. I will never leave your side ever again, I promise?" I nodded and hugged her more. "I love you mum." I whispered. "I love you too Kayla." my heart sank, I didn't think I would ever hear her say that to me ever again.

We went through to the living room and she started to cry. "what's wrong?" I asked quietly. "I-I d-don't know!" She laughed. "I guess I j-just missed this place." I smiled, "well it's not such a great place when your alone." she shook her head. "I'm so sorry Kayla, please can I have a second chance?" I nodded and let the tears fall fast. "I want you back mum, I hate being alone." she looked at me, "don't worry," she said, "your not alone."
I thought back to the time when Luke said that to me, but he was wrong I was alone again.

"That's what Luke said" I whispered before sitting down. My mum sat next to me. "who's Luke?" She asked. "an asshole." I replied. "oh I was hoping he would be someone who looked after you."
"He was..." I looked down. "and then he left." My mum saw me crying again and pulled me closer to her. "then he clearly wasn't worth it" she whispered. "he obviously didn't see what he had." I nodded in agreement.

My mum made me tell her all about Luke so I did. "oh so he's not your boyfriend then?" I shrugged slightly disappointed. "no, but I wish he was." What had I just said?! No I didn't mean that at all, but maybe I did. I don't know. My mum must have seen the panic on my face because she held me tight. "now you know what you really think. One day he'll come back and he will come especially for you." She tapped my nose and looked down at my arms that I was trying my hardest to cover up with my hoodie. She saw what I was doing and lifted the sleeves up. She saw the scars and recent cuts. "I caused this didn't I?" She said pointing towards my arms. "it's ok mum." I replied quietly. "no it's not." she shook her head. "it's really not Kayla." she finished.

I nodded because that's what I thought. It wasn't ok at all.

That night I lay in bed just thinking about what had happened today. My mum was back. I could finally tell Luke I will be ok.

Omg I am so happy with this chapter I have been waiting for so long to bring her mum back and yeah I cried again when I wrote this! Omg I cry at everything!