Chapter 33 Settling in

~ Kayla's POV ~

I know I shouldn't but I can't help but miss Luke. Even though my mum is back, my life without Luke still feels lonely. School is terrible even though Chloe's gone, it's still hard. Everyone keeps asking how I manage without Luke and if I miss him at all. It's hard to answer those questions though because I don't even know the answer myself. It's really hard in class too I don't know how to do half the stuff, Luke always used to help me. It was then I wondered how he was catching up on school work as well as living in London. I really wish I knew how they were getting on. "hey Mia" I went over to ask, "do you think we could like FaceTime the boys soon I kinda wanna know what's happening?" Her eyes widened. "sure but Luke will be there you know that right?" I nodded, "yeah, I think I getting over him now." she smiled "ok tomorrow night at my house?"
"I'll be there" I called while walking away to get my bus.

The bus journey was just the same as any other day. Boring. I don't walk home anymore it reminds me too much of the times me and Luke spent mucking around on the way back to my house. I wanted to forget him but at the same time wanted to remember him forever.

When I walked in the house my mum had a glass of wine in her hand and cake on the table. What has she done? "Hey, Kayla?"
"Yeah" I answered.
"I've got something to tell you." she said putting her glass down and walking over. "I don't know how you feel about this but we're moving!" My face lit up. "what? Yes!" My mum smiled.
"I think this place comes with to many memories."
"Like being alone" I reminded her. "yes" she said. "it's really short notice but we're moving in three days go start packing up."

I ran upstairs happier than ever before. I couldn't wait to leave. This place is a dark building I don't want to call home.

~ Luke's POV ~

We were packing our bags after 4 months of living in a hotel room. We were leaving for the tour bus. 5 months left. 5 months till I get to see Kayla. Maybe, depending on if she wants me back.

We all left with our stuff and got on the tour bus parked outside. We start live shows tomorrow so we don't have much time.

When we were all on the bus Ashton got a FaceTime call from Mia, I wasn't interested so I went to the back room to work on some school work. We had just settled in and I was doing school work and they were face-timing. We are a weird bunch.

I heard screams coming from Ashton and Mia on the other end of the phone obviously happy to see each other.

After a while my name was shouted. "hey Luke come on!" I rolled my eyes. "Can't I'm doing school work!" I yelled back. Calum walked in. "that can wait. you need to come." I raised my eyebrows. "it kinda can't it's already 4 days late."
"It has to Luke. Your not being yourself we need to fix you, so stop being a freaking good boy while doing your homework on time and get your smelly ass through there now!" I laughed while standing up. "fine! Don't ever try to be serious again Calum ok it's weird." he looked at me in agreement. "it's hard too" we both laughed but I stopped when I saw who was on the screen. It was Kayla.

I knew what they were doing. They knew that without Kayla I will never be the same again. I haven't eaten much in days or even weeks maybe. I would constantly say nothing and be really quiet and not take part in much band stuff. They decided song writing wasn't for me at the moment but secretly Ashton was helping me finish that song. It's nearly done.

As soon as she saw me she ran away. What was wrong with her? All the boys looked at me blankly but I just sat down and spoke to Mia. "sorry that wasn't meant to happen!" She said, "I better go check on her bye!" We all waved goodbye and went to bed. We needed and early night for tomorrow's events.