Chapter 45 Somethings wrong

Three more chapters including this one! Actually don't want it to end!!! 😭😭😭😭

~ Kayla's POV ~

I tried to ignore what Luke had said that day in maths. It confused me. I was confusing myself. I didn't even know what I wanted. I kept getting the feeling that I was being followed and there was a constant shadow behind me. I don't know weather to tell Luke or not.

It wasn't until we had history the period before lunch, that I said to Luke that I needed to talk to him. "Luke, um well I know you want me back but um I have decided I'm not going to forgive you" His face dropped. "what you did hurt me. I just want you to know that my mum is back-" Before I could continue his face lit up. "Omg! You don't know how happy I am knowing you weren't alone!"
"Not so fast Luke, I did spend 3 months alone and did nothing but cry and cut."
"I'm sorry" he said quietly.
"Anyway, there was something I needed to tell you."
"Of course" He said.
"I think I'm being followed." I said while tears of fear rolled down my cheeks. They weren't there long as Luke I immediately wiped them away using his thumb.
"Don't worry, I'm here for you and this time I'm right by your side." He said holding my hand in his. We walked to history in silence but I knew having Luke back wasn't doing any of us any good. We just held each other back from achieving our dreams.

All through history I couldn't do anything but think about the shadow I saw behind me. Luke didn't sit with me at lunch and I was glad. He wasn't good for me and we both knew it.

The rest of the school day was boring as usual but that night when my mum left I knew I wasn't safe...

"Bye" my mum said before leaving the house.

I was unsettled by the constant fear living inside of me. I jumped when I heard repetitive banging coming from the front door. With silent tears coming from my eyes I stayed scrunched in a ball in the corner of my living room when a man dressed all in black walked straight into the room. I recognised him for sure. "Get up and come here." He said in a growly voice. I didn't move. "I said, get up and come here." He got louder and louder. I still stayed packed away not daring to move a muscle when he grabbed me and dragged me outside and into the black car parked in the driveway. I didn't know who they were or where they were taking me until we arrived on the beach...

~ Luke's POV ~

I paced up and down Calum's bedroom. "Something's wrong" I said. He gave me a confused look. "Something's wrong with Kayla." I said before running out the house and towards the beach where I heard screams that I recognised being Kayla's. I knew something was wrong, I don't know how I just got this feeling but when I arrived at the beach and saw a knife above Kayla with a tight grasp of an old man I was proved to be right.
"GET OFF HER NOW!" I screamed pulling the old man off while Calum dialled 999 needing the police. The man ran away and I immediately wrapped my arms around Kayla's shaking body holding her close. "Its ok Kayla, I've got you" I said rocking her back and forth.
"The police know the description and are heading to look for him" Calum said while putting his phone away. He noticed how close me and Kayla were and backed off heading home for the night.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭