Chapter 44 Maybe were meant to be

So close to the end! I know I keep saying this but I'm being serious we have like 3 chapters left 😭 I really don't want this to end I have had so much fun writing this and I hope everyone enjoys reading it 💕💕💕

~ Kayla's POV ~

After I woke up 20 minutes late I had 10 minutes to get ready for school. I managed though! I knew straight away it was gonna be a bad day.

I walked to the bus stop lonely wishing I had Luke by my side. I wanted him back so badly but every time I saw him I felt sick. Like I didn't want him to be near me.

I got on the bus and saw Luke sitting there with pleading eyes pointing to the seat next to him. I could feel the tears tickling my eyes and I knew it was mean but I shook my head and sat next to Calum. After all he was my brother.

I could see the hurt in Luke's eyes but I had to move on.

~ Luke's POV ~

What Kayla did this morning hurt me. Now I feel like I have no chance of getting her back. I knew she was alone but she suddenly seemed much stronger than she was before.
If that was possible.

I kept walking past her in school, each time smelling the perfume that I used to smell every day and enjoy. Class was even harder. I sat next to her in most classes so I couldn't ignore her.

"Ok" Miss Macintosh said in our science lab. "new partners this term. For this project I will be pairing you up so work will actually get done!" She said laughing, she read names out as everyone groaned when they found out who they were with. "And Luke you have come back on a great day! You can start the new topic with the rest of us!" she said a bit too cheerily. "Luke you will be working with Kayla" My heart dropped and I think it literally missed a beat. I turned and saw Kayla roll her eyes but happily walk over and take a seat. I couldn't believe she was my partner. "I-I am s-sorry for w-what happened in-" I put a finger to her lips. "don't worry Kayla. It's fine" I said even though it wasn't. "this doesn't mean I forgive you" she said. "I know" I nodded although I was really disappointed.

We began talking about our project but before I knew it class was over and I was walking to class alone. I didn't have many friends since Calum and Michael dropped out, plus I had lost my reputation by hanging out with Kayla but I swear it was 100% worth it.

In maths I looked over to see Kayla struggling with the questions. She raised her hand asking for help but she got told I had to help her because I was sitting next to her.

She finally understood the questions and was racing through them. It took a long time of explaining but I didn't mind, hearing her voice calmed me down more than anything. "Maybe we're meant to be." I said shrugging my shoulders. She acted like she hadn't heard me but I knew she had because I know Kayla better than she knows herself.

~ Kayla's POV ~

I decided tomorrow would be the day I came clean to Luke and said he would never be forgiven. Lives too short to worry about the past. The past is done and nothing can undo what has already happened. But little did I know tomorrow may never come...