Chapter 19 Living in fear

~ Kayla's POV ~
I am grateful for what little I have but I can't help wishing I had more. Luke is all I care about now he is all I have but he keeps ditching school and leaving me on my own I feel like he is avoiding me. I knew this would happen though. Everyone gets bored of me. I have so many problems living inside of me that I have become a problem and nobody wants a 'problem'.

Everyday I cut. Deeper and deeper everyday. I hurt myself deliberately and my life has gone downhill once again. I feel like I am going to loose everything. Even Mia is getting sick of me. She keeps meeting up with Ashton even though he said we should hang out more.

Tears formed in my eyes just thinking about the memories we all had together. I blinked them back deciding I would not cry at this. I need to be stronger. But I can't I feel weak. I feel alone.

I hadn't seen Luke in 4 days and I hated it. The days feel like years and go on forever especially school days. Luke always comes to pick me up and walks with me to school, he'll wave goodbye and say he will pick me up afterwards but he never does anymore.

I could feel the tears coming once again only this time I let them fall. I didn't have the strength to stop them. I stopped eating again and I was living in constant fear. Fear of everything.

~ Luke's POV ~

I can't go on. I have no strength left. I feel bad for not staying with Kayla but at least I'm still here. For now.

I have been avoiding Kayla ever since I went to that meeting and got the news. I knew what I was doing would hurt her but she would be more hurt if she knew what the future held. For us both.

I can't help but hope her mum comes backs, it would mean I wouldn't have to live in fear all the time I would know she was safe.

"LUKE GET DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW! YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!" I groaned and rolled off my bed. "What now?" I rolled my eyes and leaned against the doorway watching my parents flick through sheets of paper. When I saw the school logo on one I knew I was in trouble. "why are you skipping school Luke?" My mum looked really angry but I spent my life being angry it was someone else's turn. "I don't know!"
"DONT SHRUG YOUR SHOULDERS AT ME LUKE! I have also noticed you haven't been with Kayla recently, she needs you Luke and you need her!" I rolled my eyes and explained everything on my mind. My brother wolf whistled when I confessed my feelings for Kayla but I didn't care. I burst into to tears and ran off to my room for an early night.

~ Kayla's POV ~

I was woken the next morning by the doorbell ringing so I got up, put my onesie on and slid down the banister. I opened the door and saw Luke standing there. "I think we need to talk." He led me through the house, grabbing my wrist but stopped when I winced in pain. He pulled me in and gave me a hug. Holding me close I could hear him whispering sorry over and over again. I cried leaning against him not wanting him to let go of me.

After we had stopped crying I got changed for school hoping things would be ok. Luke made me hand over my blade and I didn't object I wanted to give it up. Cutting made me depressed it didn't help.

At school I felt happier than I had in ages, I had learned not to let Chloe bring me down as she wasn't worth it.

I had changed so much. I gained more and more confidence each day but my grades were dropping fast. I missed loads of school and I knew I would get in trouble for it but for the first time I didn't care.

Luke and I were called down to the head and forced to explain why we weren't coming to school but there was no way I was going to admit to living alone for the past 7 months, living in fear and depression while feeling all alone and I felt like I couldn't go on. The school knew Luke had anger problems and life was hard for him so he was let off with a detention. I couldn't help but think everyone knew something I didn't. I was let off with a detention as well as I had never really been in trouble before.

When I went into the detention room it was really quiet but surprisingly Mia was sitting at the back. I walked over and asked what she had done and she shrugged "made fun of my french teacher" she wasn't interested in me though only her phone.

~ Mia's POV ~

I wasn't interested in what Kayla had to say though. I kept looking down at my phone reading the cute texts that ashton was sending me. No body knew but I decided to take him up on his offer. Me and him are now going out! I was so happy.

Bit of a filler I'm sorry! Thanks for all the reads I didn't expect anyone to read it