Chapter 23 Hazel eyes

~ Kayla's POV ~

I was waiting outside the school gates by the buses waiting for Luke. He came to school today just like he said he would and we were going to Ashton's house for the boys band practise. Luke seemed to take me everywhere now. I didn't know with that boy, some days he would never let me out of his sight and other days he couldn't careless about me. I waved over to him when I saw him walking towards me. We were all meeting Ashton in the car park since he has finished school.

When we were all sat in the car, Michael in the front, Luke in the middle and me and Calum either side, we blasted music as loud as it could go and we sang all the way home. I loved having fun it seemed like things really were getting better, maybe I could move on and I didn't need my mum after all but I still couldn't help wishing she was back.

We went inside and up to Ashton's room were guitars and a set of drums were set up. Michael, Luke and Calum left to get some snacks and me and ashton were left alone in his room. He was staring at me and I was staring back straight into his hazel brown eyes. I loved the way his curly hair was swept over his head and they way he smiled. I had butterflies in my stomach just looking at him. I know why Mia went out with him and I had to get them back together. They were just meant to be. I knew it.

~ Ashton's POV ~

I was staring into Kayla's blue eyes wishing I could look at them all day. They were nearly as blue as Lukes but not quite. No one had eyes bluer than Luke. I realised the way she looked reminded me of Mia. It was now I saw how much I missed Mia. I want her back. Now.

The boys returned and we started playing. I played the intro to Beside You and soon enough we were rocking out having a load of fun while Kayla was dancing along.

We played Out of my Limit, Gotta Get Out, Too Late and our cover of Blink 182's I Miss You. It was great, Kayla was really good fun and I knew Luke was trying to keep her mind off things. "Well that was our last band practise before-" Calum started but was cut off by Luke. "before uh, the Acoustic show we um, do in the park?" He said it more like a question but everyone agreed but we were all slightly confused.

Kayla got up and asked where the loo was so I told her. "down the hall and the first door to your left."
"Thanks Ash" she replied.

As soon as she left Luke brought us all in for a chat. "ok guys I haven't told her and I don't know how to." We a nodded. "sorry bro I didn't know." Calum apologised and Luke didn't seem bothered. "it's ok just don't breath a word right?" Again we all nodded.

~ Kayla's POV ~

On my way back to the room I heard quiet talking on the other side of the door. I couldn't make anything out though so I just walked in. When I did everyone jumped back and tried to act casual. They knew something I didn't.

Just as we all leaving Ashton asked me a question. "Kayla, I need you to help me get Mia back can you help?" I nodded. "meet you at the beach tonight and we'll chat, don't tell Luke he gets really protective sometimes." He laughed quietly and waved goodbye. Once again I stared into those hazel eyes. I can't fall for Ashton though.

Later I told Luke I wanted an early night so he went home not suspecting anything.

I changed into some black leggings and a hoodie. I didn't know what time we would be back and how much energy I would need coming up with ideas so I force fed myself a jam sandwich. I still hate eating but I know now I can't survive on nothing.

When I eventually ate the sandwich I locked the door and ran to the beach.

I found ashton sitting in front of the waters edge but he looked like he was going to cry. "hey" I said while sitting down next to him. "what's up?"
"What if I don't get her back?" He sighed.
"You will Ashton, I know you will." He gave me a weak smile.
"Maybe that's what we should do" I frowned so he continued. "maybe we should let things sort themselves out. If we're meant to be together then we will." My face lit up. "That's a great idea!" I was panicking a bit though because ashton kept looking in my eyes then at my lips and back at my eyes. I bit my lip slowly not knowing what to do when Ashton leaned in and kissed me gently. I was shocked and so was he. He opened his mouth and closed it again clearly sorry for what he did. "it's ok" I saved him. "just don't tell Luke" he nodded. We both got up and walked home opposite ways.

That night I tossed and turned thinking about that kiss. Those hazel eyes were unforgettable but I can't help wishing they were blue. Luke's blue.

Ohhhhh! Game changer! Haha thanks for all the reads it will get better I promise 💕