𝟾| 𝙼𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜

『••✎••』

The whole team had gotten on the plane in one piece. Thankfully, Fitz explained why he was freaking out about the 0-8-4 reacting to the movement, which made everyone around step back a bit. Hazel had also been proud that Fitz had said that the artifact was made by Hydra back in the world war II era; the blonde was just happy that she had gotten something right even when she had thought it was something dumb when it had been mentioned.

"Not to worry. The device is stable," Simmons spoke nervously as she carefully lifted it from the black bag and moved it to the table. "Not that it couldn't explode at any minute, especially if hit with machine-gun fire."

Hazel glanced at Skye, standing by her side, who was nervously looking at the device being placed on the table by Simmons. The blonde could not lie; she was scared about being blown into pieces, yet she thought there was nothing she could do to help them with it.

"But things like this happen from time to time when in the field, and at first, it's very unpleasant, and you regret your decision to leave the lab at all," Simmons continued her nervous ramble as she finally stepped back from the table glancing towards Skye and Hazel sending them both an uneasy smile which Hazel only returned.

"Are you mental?" Fitz asked. "I did explain in great detail exactly what I meant, using the queen's bloody English!" the engineer said, more like harshly exclaiming as he walked into the lab with agent Ward by his side, who didn't even look bothered by Fitz's tone.

"I use normal English--" the agent started as he now stood by Fitz's side, the words he was using causing Hazel to roll her eyes. "Words like 'duck' and 'run 'might blow us to pieces.'"

"Well, he did say that." Hazel butted in, receiving a glare from Ward, which she only shrugged off.

"Oh. Oh! Well, congratulations Agent Ward," Fitz started saying sarcastically as he turned to another table with a tool in his hand; Hazel was sure she could almost see his ears smoking. "You managed to string three words together in a sentence."

Hazel watched them argue for a moment; she rolled her eyes at Ward's words of not being told about the danger that the device could have been for them at the temple. 'Fitz tried to explain. You just decided not to let him talk or try to listen to him was precisely what the blonde wanted to say, but she decided to stay quiet; the two did not need more reason to take the argument further than it was going.

Hazel glanced towards the soldiers watching them put away their guns, before seeing them all go upstairs, making her wish she could also go up there a little bit further away from the danger that the device presented to her life.