𝟸𝟸| 𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Hazel really believed that once she had stepped out of the lab she would have free time to finish a chapter or two of her book, the blonde considered herself to be a pretty fast reader so it would not be hard to do so. Of course, with time, it wouldn't be a great challenge for her, and yet that is exactly what she did not have. Hazel had been sitting on one of the comfortable chairs on the plane flipping over the -maybe- third page until Fitz and Coulson were running up the stairs calling on to her to the briefing room along with the team.

After being told about agent May's discovery and the fact that they were most likely running out of time to get to Armador and help her. After having their plan be successful, it was safe to say that Hazel did not think she would be standing beside two members of her team who she considered professionals wearing identical labcoats and just as unsettled facial expressions.

"I'm sorry, we are about to do what?" Hazel asked not believing what Coulson was asking of her. It was understandable to expect that from Simmons, a trained and professional doctor of a high-performance secret society that was currently on the field.

"Well, we are about to perform a surgery....that I am not exactly qualified for," Simmons nervously explained causing Hazel to glance at her with wide eyes which only got her a nervous smile from them both.

"Ward's on-site, so we don't have much time," Coulson mentioned once he had walked inside the lab to talk about the importance of all of this to the three members of his team.

"To remove her eyeball," Fitz reminded the agent as his eyebrows furrowed showing his concerns about the whole thing.

"Yeah...ocular surgery's not really my field of expertise," Simmons mentioned, her hands making small gestures in front of her as she voiced her worries.

"I don't even have a degree," Hazel could not help but point out trying -and failing miserably- to show somehow that she was not cut for this and she should not be standing in the lab at the moment.

"We've got no other choice," Coulson stated, his eyes moving onto the three young adults standing in front of him. "There's a kill switch inside Akela. Could be a poison, could be explosive," the agent explained seeing the change in expression of the scientist and the blonde. "Either way, if Ward's caught, they'll kill her instantly."

Without much to say Coulson started walking away from the three, obviously alarming them, they really did not know what else could the older agent throw their way.

"Where are you going, sir?" Fitz asked although he sounded scared waiting for the answer that would be given to him.

"To find out whose finger's on the trigger," Coulson answered and the automatic doors closed behind him without another word.