𝟹𝟹| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕

『••✎••』

Greenwich University.

London, England.

"An enormous mess to clean up."

Hazel hears Simmons saying as she steps towards them with a black, plastic box in her hands. The blonde starts dumping the components inside of it, followed by a bigger box that Ward was carrying. 

"Don't say we never gave you anything," Ward mentioned to Fitz who was kneeling over the parts scanning them with the device in his hands. 

"Checking for alien spectrographic signatures one teeny rock at a time," Fitz complained as he scanned the parts on the floor.

"Hey, I offered my help," Hazel mentioned crossing her arms as she looked down at Fitz. "You're the one that doesn't trust me with their equipment."

"Necessary precaution. We don't want anything alien getting in the wrong hands," Ward reminded instead as both he and Hazel watched Fitz work.

"Still, this is definitely the type of work a monkey could easily do," Fitz complained grabbing another component to scan. 

"You're our little monkey," Ward said amusedly, the blonde beside him chuckling at the work and at the face Fitz had made. 

Their conversation was sidetracked as a cell phone started ringing. Simmons, who was the owner of the ringer phone took it out of her pocket only to mute it and watch it ring. 

"Don't give me that look," Simmons said looking at Fitz as she shrugs her shoulders. "I'll talk to them when I talk to them."

"Talk to who?" Ward asked glancing between Fitz and Simmons.

"Mum and Dad. They want explanations and answers for. . .well, all this. But I don't have any answers. And, more importantly, I haven't talked to them since I was ill. And if they knew that, they'd be even more terrified. So, you know. . ." Simmons rambled moving both her phone and the device that she was holding as she spoke. 

Hazel nodded just to make sure the biochemist knew someone was listening. "I'm sure they'll understand. . .well, the part about you being ill, not. . ." The blonde started as she looked at the mess in the university around her. "This."