𝟺𝟷 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎

『••✎••』

It had been a few days since Hazel had done any training. Between touching a magical staff capable of filing anger the size of an elephant, and The Bus crashing due to an interdimensional ghost; going down to the cargo hold to do any training did not seem appealing to the hacker.

Days later, there she was. Dodging incoming hits from the man who was her S.O. and the man she had grown feelings for. 

Being harshly brought back to reality, Hazel groaned as Ward blocked her hit and pushed her back. Regaining her footing, the blonde dodged another hit from the specialist, kicking the agent's legs out from under him. 

Ward landed harshly on the mat, deciding to stay on his back as he regained his breathing. 

"I did it!" Hazel exclaimed excitedly turning towards May who stood a few steps away watching the two agents go against each other just like she and Ward had done before.

In response, May sent the blonde an amused look as Ward leaned up a bit to pull Hazel's leg bringing her down onto the mat with a small scream escaping her. 

"Never give your back to the enemy," May instructed calmly as the blonde tried to regulate her breathing. "Also, you favor your left and Hazel was able to pick up on that." 

As Agent May spoke, Hazel raised a thumb for her to see. The blonde had noticed Ward favoring his left leg but she had only been looking out for it thanks to May teaching her the importance of it.

"Towel down," Coulson's voice rang out in the room as Hazel and Ward started getting up, the older agent looking down at the specialists and the one in training. "I need you three in the Command Center in five." 

With that, he turned and walked away, May silently stepping in that direction. 

Hazel groaned a bit as she got up. "I don't know what hurts more, the floor or the mat," she mentioned offering her hand to Ward to pull him up. 

"You started it," Ward mentioned taking the hand she was offering and getting up. "You could've given up." 

Rolling her eyes at the agent the blonde couldn't help but laugh. "In your dreams," she mentioned heading towards the stairs of the cargo hold.

『••✎••』