𝟺𝟻 | 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

The next few days on The Bus had been quiet, in Hazel's opinion, a little too much. Everyone on the team had tried going back to normal. Training and hanging out was their specialty as the days went by.

The team had not seen Coulson since his rescue. A traumatic experience like that was not easy to process. The entire team knew that; still, knowing they couldn't help was hard.

Coulson was not the only one struggling. The quietness seemed to settle the effects that Asgardian staff had on the blonde hacker.

As the days went by, it was noticeable. Eyebags, absent, and distracted were the clear signs.

Simmons had noticed first. Hazel had been helping with an experiment the doctor had been conducting, yet as Simmons had left the lab to get Fitz, Hazel had been fast asleep on the table.

Skye and Fitz noticed after. As they walked into the common area they saw Hazel sitting down, hands over her ears as she muttered words to herself.

Ward had been the last to notice. In denial about the Asgardian staff and what it had brought out from himself, the specialist had not stopped to think about the blonde. Skye had been the one to tell him, showing concern for her best friend.

Ever since, Ward kept a close eye on her, offering his help and his presence whenever he found her wondering about the plane.

The training was due for them. Just like before, the agent and agent-to-be got ready for combat training.

『••✎••』

Hazel grunted as she fell back onto the mat again. The warm skin of her body cooled off for a few seconds.

"You are still putting too much weight on your back leg," Ward mentioned looking down at Hazel. "You have to. . ."

"Shift my weight and not stay in one place," Hazel snapped at the specialist, ignoring the hand he had offered to her.

The specialist raised an eyebrow in confusion, sure, it hadn't been the best few days for them. But, Hazel had not shown anger or frustration toward the team.

The central fact is that she hadn't shown anything to her team.

Getting back onto her feet, Hazel fell into a fighting position. "Okay, I'm ready," the blonde muttered with furrowed eyebrows.

"Uh, are you sure? We can take a break if that's-"

"I'm okay!" Hazel exclaimed, knuckles becoming white. "I can do it! Just let me do it."

Understanding the anger that was coming from her, Ward got into position. The way Hazel started attacking was not tactical. Instead, the punches she was throwing were emotional.