𝟼𝟻 | 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Agents Hill, Coulson, and Tripplett were on their way to rescue Hazel. The team had been taken to a motel considering the national government had taken over their newest base.

They had found the blonde thanks to the news and reports that had gone out after hers and Hudson's little adventure in L.A.

Grant had wanted to go, be the one to infiltrate the plane or at least communicate with them so that he could be the one to threaten the coward who had decided to put Hazel in danger. Coulson had instantly denied that, reminding the specialist that killing someone in Hazel's name would be the last thing she would want.

Instead, Grant, Simmons, Skye, and Fitz sat inside a hotel room, waiting for anybody to return. It was tedious, and Grant Ward wanted nothing more than to walk out of the room and find answers.

The room stunk. There was a mixture of cigarette smells and chemicals. It was likely they had tried to cover up the smell; cigarettes were tough to get rid of.

The bedsheets looked cheap and itchy, something Hazel would have commented on if she were. But she wasn't

Instead, Grant could only imagine her and the positive attitude she always seemed to have when dealing with uncertain situations. It made him wonder, was she scared? Did she hope someone was on their way to rescue her, or was she returning to them?

"What happens if soldiers find us?" Fitz had asked the first time Ward tried to run out of the room.

"We don't know any self-defense! We would be in great danger without you," Simmons added, standing in his way as Grant stepped towards the door.

"May is here to protect you. She's more than enough," Grant mentioned, sidestepping Simmon and heading to the door again.

May opened the hotel room door, slipping inside with food in her hands. "I'm here to stop you from doing something stupid," May explained, closing the door behind her and leaving the specialist to step back.

"Have you gotten any updates?" Grant questioned, sighing as he headed back to the armchair he had been previously glued to.

May took a deep breath, glancing at the specialist as he bounced his knee. "I'm sure we'll be the first to know as soon as they get Hazel back."

It wasn't enough. They had all seen the struggle and the blood back in Providence. There was no way that Hazel was not being tortured or pushed around while being on The Bus with an idiot like Hudson.

He wouldn't say it, but Grant was scared. The one thought he kept replaying over and over was the way Garrett had reacted to his and Hazel's relationship. Knowing the man as well as he did, the specialist knew that nothing could stop Garrett if he had set his mind on hurting Hazel to get back at him for betraying him.