𝟹𝟾| 𝚂𝚔𝚢𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚜 𝚊 𝙷𝚘𝚋𝚋𝚢

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

"Delusions of being persecuted aren't uncommon after trauma," Simmons informed the team.

Everyone was now inside the briefing room looking at the holocom which displayed the feed of Hannah inside the holding cell.

"She's certainly been through her fair share," Ward mentioned glancing up at the members of his team.

"She's blaming herself. It's guilt," Skye argued glancing towards Coulson as he spoke up.

"It's all of it, she's broken. Pour over the accident site. If that tragedy gave her powers, we need to shut them down. If it wasn't her fault, even better. But until then she's a danger to all of us."

Coulson decided to leave it at that and walked away. Huffing in exasperation, Skye looked at Hazel.

"Hazel. . ."

The blonde in question let out a sigh, turning to the holocom and picking up a tablet that the brunette had before.

"Go, I'm behind you," Hazel assured, and without hesitation, Skye quickly walked out of the briefing room in the direction of Coulson's office. And sticking to her word, Hazel walked behind her looking through the documents about Hannah.

『••✎••』

"Just let us go in and talk to her, sir, as a friend," Skye pleaded to look at Coulson who sat behind his desk.

"I can't let you do that, it's too dangerous," Coulson stated firmly.

"She's not dangerous. She's nice, like, overly nice."

Backing up the brunette, Hazel started mentioning what she had seen in the data. "She never misses a birthday post to her friends, runs the youth program at her church, rescues dogs," the blonde mentioned reading through the date before glancing up at Coulson. "Hannah's safety inspector not just because she's detail-oriented but because she--"

"She genuinely cares," Coulson finished understanding what both girls were trying to say.

"Right. And someone with that much empathy being responsible for that much loss of life, she's devastated. Spouting nonsense about God punishing for--" Skye started rambling, growing frustrated with the agents in front of her.

"People believe what they need to believe to justify their actions," May said calmly to which Hazel agreed to a certain degree.

"Is this how you just justify your shoot first policy?" The brunette asked harshly turning toward May.

Hazel tensed a bit as she saw May's irritated expression. "Skye, stop, It's not like they don't want to help her."

"Until we figure out what's going on with her she stays locked up and you both stay away," May said firmly not leaving space for either girl to argue.