𝟸𝟷| 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

As the day progressed, everyone on the team continued to take their place watching Armador's feed. Each of them that stood, Hazel sat, in front of the screen hoping to see any hint that would tell them where she was.

The docs on her feet made a 'clank' noise as Hazel walked back into the lab heading for the big screen. Knowing there was going to be a member of the team inside and, foolishly, thinking it was Skye doing her turn. The blonde started speaking.

"Is she still playing solitaire? I cannot watch her try to figure out the same two moves for an hour.." Hazel joked as she looked up from her phone, trailing off as she found the hard eyes of agent Ward who stood at the table previously watching the big screen currently on. "Oh! I'm sorry I thought Skye was here, ignore my really bad joke," the blonde tried to deflect her cheeks having a light red color to them as she became slightly embarrassed by what she had done.

Instead of ignoring her as Hazel had thought, Ward looked at her with what seemed to be amusement in his eyes as the blonde approached the table.

"Has the time passed already?" Ward asked glancing down at his watch, his face changing to surprise as she noticed how much time had passed. "I guess it's hard to tell when Armador keeps struggling with the same card..." The agent muttered with the slightest amused look towards the short girl who now stood at his side.

Being taken by surprise by the joking manner of the agent Hazel, quite literally, gaped at him noticing the joke he had made. As the agent turned to look at her, Ward had to purse his lips a bit so as to not crack a smile at her expression.

"I'm sorry, did you just make a joke?" Hazel asked almost instantly as she still looked at the agent beside her, not paying much attention to the screen as Armador seemed to be enjoying a book this time. "Did the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Grant Ward just make a joke?"

At her remarks Ward rolled his eyes crossing his arms, his body language changing to a more guarded one. The blonde quickly straightened up as she thought that she had done something bad.

"I might have agreed with your statement, yes," Ward said simply glancing towards Hazel pointedly before bringing his eyes back to the screen.

Hazel in retaliation raised her hands–after having placed her laptop down–as a form of peace. "Hey, don't get me wrong it would be an honor to be the first person to have heard a joke from agent Ward."

As the blonde sat down on a nearby chair, he scoffed at her words, almost offended that she would think that.

"Oh please, I can be funny," Ward assured crossing his arms and receiving a look–more like an amused glare–from Hazel which made the agent roll his eyes for what seemed to be the tenth time.