𝟹𝟷| 𝙲𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙸𝚜 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍

『••✎••』

"I found a localized EMP, plus a few other party favors," Fitz announced as he made his way down a hallway with a cart. 

Hazel, Skye, and Simmons waited for him on the other side. Silently they watch as the cart Fitz was pushing gets stuck as the doors close on it.

"Oh, come on," Fitz groaned as he tried pushing the cart through. "What the. . .open."

Ward, May, and Coulson who now stood a few steps away watched as Fitz tried to pry open the door to get his cart through. 

Coulson seemed to be the only amused one of the three. That was until a giggling blonde walked towards the door Fitz was struggling at.

Ward who had asked a frustrated 'seriously?' to his superior, had turned in time to see Hazel help Fitz pry the door open in between laughs. In almost an instant, the glare he previously had flattered. The clear happiness in the blonde distracts the agent from his frustration at the mission.

In Ward's mind, no one had noticed. In reality, Coulson had noticed the change in his demeanor. May had clearly noticed who the specialist had his eyes on. Skye who had turned as she had seen the agents, understood from a mile what was going through Ward's mind about her best friend.

The only oblivious lot seemed to be Fitz, Hazel, and Simmons. For now.

『••✎••』

The team watched as Ward and Fitz walked through the planning room behind Coulson. Simmons had shared a look with Fitz before leaving. Ward had shared a look with Coulson and May, yet as he left his eyes met Hazel's for a slight second before leaving.

Hazel was confused, had he meant to look at her? If he did, what did he mean by it?

"Does this feel okay to you? Shouldn't we be going with him?" Skye asked Coulson, snapping the blonde out of her thoughts.

"The people who put these ops together are the best of the best. They know what they're doing," Coulson, as usual, reassured the brunette before walking away as May and Simmons had done.

Skye and Hazel were left alone, the latter letting out a deep sigh which reminded the blonde of a sort of huff that little kids do when frustrated.

"I'm. . .guessing we are not trusting that, right?" Hazel asked noticing the attitude in her friend.