𝟼𝟺 | 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Hazel sat inside the dinner booth, leg bouncing nervously as she sat in front of her laptop.

"So, how does this work exactly?" Hudson wondered, looking up at the blonde with a friendly smile as he shook a sugar packet between his fingers.

"Well, it's an encrypted drive. I decrypt it. We're in the location to decrypt. You and your psycho of a boss get the information from our plane," Hazel explained sarcastically, glancing up at the blond before looking back down at her laptop.

Hudson chuckled, amused at the blonde's attitude, thanking the server who placed down two cups of coffee for the both of them. "How long will it be?"

"Half an hour," Hazel muttered, nervously staring at the 'WRONG LOCATION, ACESS DENIED' screen. The blonde typed it away, hoping to buy some more time as she tried the next best idea she could have.

"Hmm. . . You did say that half an hour ago," Hudson noticed, making Hazel's stomach drop slightly as she tried to take a deep breath hoping the man in front of her was stupid enough not to overthink the situation.

Almost on cue, two officers stepped inside the dinner. Casually walking in as Hudson rested his head on his hands, trying to hide away.

"Relax. They are checking out the waitress. They have no idea you are an undercover Nazi," Hazel said lightheartedly as she continued typing on her computer. Not missing the look Hudson had thrown at her.

"I'm not a Nazi," Hudson defended himself, frowning at the blonde. He was offended enough to where he missed the police car that drove by the dinner.

"Well, that's wrong, considering the founder of Hydra was part of Hitler's right-hand men. He did become power-hungry and proceeded to kill the others for total world domination. You know, whatever you say," Hazel mentioned looking up at the surprised look Hudson had on his face as he stared at the blonde. "You know the S.H.I.E.L.D. archives had great information, detailing back to Captain America and everything."

"I know what I'm part of," Hudson retorted, a sardonic smile plastered as he looked at the blonde.

The comment made the hacker chuckle, shaking her head as she glanced at him. "Are you sure?" She asked, tilting her head at him. "Because it sounds like you joined a book club just because Daddy said so."

Hudson's face hardened, and his fist tightened over the table as he stared at the girl before him. Hazel's words had hit a nerve, and it was almost hilarious how many agents Garrett had taken advantage of due to their trauma.

Before the agent could say anything, he noticed the two officers standing by a table. He watched as they spoke, pointing to the door and asking the couple to leave.