𝟻𝟿 | 𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Inside the communications room stood Hand and Coulson as they spoke about everything. Agent Hand's plan of transporting Garrett was in motion. Grant Ward knew what he was supposed to do, walk in, pretend to be devastated about the situation, and make it to the plane so he could eradicate the redhead and rescue the man who had abused and manipulated him throughout his life. Yet, he couldn't. Not when the girl with the light eyes sat across from him, worry in her eyes as she looked at him.

Inside what was left of the plane, Ward and Hazel sat to the side. Everyone else on the team stood at the bar, looking at the badges on the table.

"So, what happens now?" Hazel asked quietly to the specialist.

"Garrett gets locked up in the smallest cell possible, never to see the light of day again," Ward answered, fingers twitching a bit as he thought about it.

The part of him that was loyal to the man ached to finish the mission that had been placed on his shoulders, but just like always, Hazel seemed to pull him back to a lighter place where he realized that in the long run. It wasn't worth it. Garrett wasn't worth it.

Hazel looked past the specialist to their team; the running thought they should tell the team drilling inside her head.

"We should tell them," Hazel blurted out, Grant's head snapping up to her, horror in his eyes.

"What?"

The blonde nodded, sticking to her words, reaching over to place her hand on his knee. "They deserve to know. You made your choice. If you didn't, you would not be here right now."

It made sense; of course, it did. Yet, Grant Ward was frightened for the first time in a long time. He was scared that the team he had grown a soft spot would kick him to the curb, afraid they would not understand why he had done everything he had until now.

"Skye, try to restore some of the firmware in the plane's system. Fitz-Simmons, get a crew together. Help May patch the holes," Coulson spoke up as he walked by the team, pulling his suit coat on.

Ward's shoulders tensed at the older man's voice, and Hazel only glanced at Coulson before looking at the specialist across from her.

As Coulson walked away, declaring that their mission was to survive, calling May an ally was enough to cement Hazel's thought.

"I'm doing it," Hazel announced, taking Ward by surprise as she stood up quickly, walking behind the agent. "Coulson!"

"El! Wait!" Grant almost instantly stood up, knocking over a fallen plane panel as he scrambled to his feet, running behind Hazel.

Skye, Fitz, Simmons, and May, who stood back, glanced at the two—surprised at the sudden outburst.

"What was that about?" Simmons questioned, sharing a look with Skye and Fitz, who could only shrug their shoulders.