𝟸𝟽| 𝙵.𝚉.𝚉.𝚃.

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

The air in the bus had been tense for a few days. Fitz and Simmons, surprisingly Ward as well, talked to Skye rather normally, seeing the bracelet on her hand let them know she was receiving a least some type of punishment for her actions. Even then, Hazel couldn't bring herself to spark casual conversation, limiting herself to the casual small talk before walking away from the brunette. In some cases, if they were needed at the same time it was not new for the blonde to just ignore Skye and focus on what needed to be done just to leave the room as fast as she could.

Today was one of the days where Hazel had no choice but to be in the same room, subjecting her to small talk with Skye while watching as Ward tried the gun that Fitz was offering him.

Ward, who stands at the table, loads the night-night gun watching it light up with a pleased expression. Without a second of hesitation, Ward pulls the gun up to look through the sights.

Standing beside him is Fitz who waits patiently to hear the opinion of the agent about the weapon he and his coworker had perfectioned for the specialists in their team. As well as the field agents in progress. Hazel stands at Ward's right side, waiting as the engineer wanted the blonde to try the gun as well, hopeful to know the special handgun was comfortable for her as well.

"Sorry, Fitz. It's close, but it's just not right," Ward stated as he placed the gun on the table.

Confused, Fitz looks up at the agent. "Really? 'Cause Agent Coulson had no problems," the engineer assures as inspects the gun to find any issues bothering the agent.

"It's an ounce too heavy," Ward said simply as if it was the most obvious thing to know when handling a gun.

"An ounce? Seriously?" Skye asked from her place at the computers in the lab. The brunette had voiced Hazel's thought, yet she couldn't help but also butt in.

"How can you even tell?" Hazel asked incredulously as she looked at the agent not believing for a second that Ward could actually tell the gun was not balanced in weight.

The specialist sent both girls a look, the one towards Skye being harsher than the one sent towards Hazel. Ward seemed to still be mad at Skye and the brunette picked up on it pretty quickly.

"It's the difference between success and failure. When you're on a roof-top with a 15-mile-per-hour wind, your target is 500 yards away-–" Ward started explaining his reasoning.

Besides him, Fitz picked up the gun weighing it in his head as the specialist speaks.

"Yeah, but we do have a rifle," Fitz interrupted him, his tone showing that he didn't really understand Ward's persistence on the weight of the handgun.

Unimpressed by his words, Ward shot Fitz a look. "Lose the ounce," the specialist said leaving no room for argument.

"Yeah, ok. On it," Fitz assured, and with that both he and Hazel watched the agent walk away silently. "Go ahead Hazel, you try it."