𝟼𝟷 |𝙸𝚗 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Hazel started pulling on a jacket, dreading the cold climate they would head into. Everyone else stood in the cargo bay doing the same.

"Coordinates are about a seven miles hike from here. Terrain's pretty rough, even if it wasn't covered with snow," Coulson explains, zipping up his jacket.

"Agent May and I can lead a scouting party first; make sure this isn't a trap," Trip suggested, arms crossed as he spoke.

"There's no time. A NATO satellite will pass directly over us in less than eight hours. If The Bus is still here, they'll know," Coulson dismissed before glancing at his team members. "I've been doing this long enough to know something's up there. But this mission has to be your choice."

Hazel quietly pulled a beanie over her head as she listened to the older agent as he spoke. "A lot's changed in the last few days. I know you have doubts about what we've been doing about me. But I don't. This is why I will find whatever Fury has waiting for us... with or without you."

Coulson hit a button on the wall watching as the hatch opened. He removes his badge and a compass and walks into the snow.

Skye glanced around at the others, hiking her backpack on her shoulders and following the agent. Hazle takes a deep breath pulling her backpack on before following.

Ward and May exchanged a look before lifting the hoods of their coats and starting.

Fitz-Simmons and Trip stayed behind for a moment, unsure whether to follow or not.

"Well, you heard the man. We don't have much time," Fitz announced, closing his coat, grabbing his backpack, and walking ahead.

The two left quickly did the same and followed after them.

『••✎••』

Hazel shivered, letting out a breath as she followed behind the others. The snow was beautiful, but the imminent danger they were walking into. Not so much, in back the blonde could hear Fitz-Simmons' conversation. Their loyalty to each other was more remarkable than she had seen before, and the blonde hoped they could all climb out of this situation so they could at least have a happy ending.

Snapping her thoughts was Grant, falling into step beside her.

"Are you okay?" Grant asked, making the shorter girl focus on the path ahead so she wouldn't slip in a particular patch of snow. "You are doing the thing where you think hard enough to forget about everything around you."

"You mean daydreaming? Or overthinking?" Hazel chuckled, glancing up at Ward, who only watched her briefly as they continued walking.

"Well, it depends. What were you thinking about?" Grant wondered, a light smile on his face.