𝟼𝟸 | 𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚛

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

The room was quiet as Coulson processed what was told. Everyone stilled as the older Agent sighed.

"Skye gave him the coordinates; he must be heading here now. The question is do we trust him to tell us the truth?" Coulson questioned, looking at the team.

May held a serious face; she had disagreed wholeheartedly with the brunette's decision. Even Hazel thought it had been reckless; Skye had freaked out and tried to help. Like she always does.

"What if he can tell us where Garrett is?" Trip wonders, causing Ward's head to snap up and look at Coulson.

"But if he is Hydra, we would not know if he was lying to us, right?" Fitz butted in, most of the team agreeing with the engineer.

"Guys, he sounded in trouble. If he was escaping from them, I do not think he would lie when we are lending a helping hand," Skye tried to argue, the team only glancing at her.

"We could just keep a close watch on him, see what he knows, and then figure out if we can trust him," Hazel suggested, earning a nod from the older Agent.

"That's the best we can do, given our current situation," Coulson determined, looking at the other, waiting for any objection to his decision. When he saw none, he sighed. "I'll go let Keoning know that we have a newcomer."

As he stepped away, May did as well. She followed a few steps behind as she spoke to the older man.

"This is madness," Simmons muttered, turning toward Fitz, who only nodded as they started speaking with each other.

Trip shook his head softly before heading down a hall.

Grant worriedly glanced at Hazel, who could only shrug her shoulders.

"I'm sure it won't be nothing we cannot deal with, right?" Hazel asked, giving the specialist an encouraging smile.

"Yeah," Grant muttered, smiling as the blonde took his hand.

Skye could only pray this didn't come back to bite her in the ass and make a mess of the little things they were rebuilding now.

『••✎••』