𝟸𝟼| 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙻𝚒𝚎𝚍. . .

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

While Ward and Hazel were watching over the prisoners it was quiet in the briefing room, the blonde would zone out for a couple of seconds looking at her best friend before snapping out of her thoughts when she noticed Skye or Miles moving as they talked to each other.

"Are you okay?" Ward asked from beside the blonde, the agent was clearly unsure on how to help but he tried and that's what mattered to her.

"I will be, I'm just sorry I didn't notice it sooner," Hazel answered thinking back to the day she had asked Skye if The Rising Tide had contacted her in any way, she had said now and Hazel had believed her.

"It's not really your fault, I just hope you don't turn out to be a super-soldier," Ward mentioned glancing at her and seeing the blonde smile lightly glancing up at Ward.

"I wish," she said before shaking her head softly. "Just an ophan with a redacted S.H.I.E.L.D. file remember?" Hazel asked almost playfully shrugging her shoulders.

Before the agent could say anything else, the screen in front of them beeped, informing them of Coulson's distress and the current situation of the building.

"What the hell happened?" Ward asked as he looked at the screen in front of them.

"They activated a lockdown protocol," Hazel muttered as she started typing on the keyboard connected to the screen on the table frowning a bit as her usual overrides did not work for the system.

The blonde only looked up at Ward and the agent understood, with a sigh, he grabbed the keys on the table. "I will go get Skye, keep trying to disable it," the agent said walking out of the room noticing Fitz and Simmons who had just walked in the room as he made his way out.

『••✎••』