*CHAPTER 27

Home is where love resides, they say

Home is where love resides, they say. It is where memories shape and laughter never ends. And in times of test, when life seems to be in distress, family is best. It is not just an important thing, but it is everything. Yet Jia neither had a functional family nor a place she could call home. 

"Ahhhhh!"

The excited screams brought her out of her trance, stopping her tangled thoughts. She watched as the kids ran around with bouncy strides, limbs moving aimlessly, trying to outrun Jaemin. Their words stumbled with one another as their excited squeals collided with their jumbled sentences, making no sense. They whooped in the frigid air, the scarfs wrapped around their neck juggling with each bob, making her laugh.

And just like that, amidst the unfamiliar atmosphere and fearful thrill, Jaemin became her home. Renjun, Donghyuck, and Jisung became her family.

"Mommy!" Jisung held out his hands wide open for a hug, thrill filling his guts as he dived into the embrace of his mother. He nuzzled in her arms, hiding from Jaemin. Donghyuck and Renjun ran to her side, hiding behind her back from the seeming monster.

"Oh, no! Where did my prey go?" Jaemin gasped rather dramatically, tilting his head to the side for added effect.

Muffled giggles escaped their lips, rapidly blinking eyes glancing at Jaemin. The latter huffed but couldn't stop a smile that slowly crept on his lips. He ran towards the group and tackled the four into a big hug.

"Ahhh! Monster!" The three screeched and wiggled out of his grasp, running off to the swings.

"My back hurts." Jaemin flopped down on the picnic blanket, resting his head on her lap. "I think I'm getting old."

"Kids do make one age faster." Jia let out a chuckle while Jaemin scoffed, crossing his arms against his chest. "They are your kids too. If I'm getting old, so are you."

"Yes. Yes." Jia laughed, her eyes creasing as her body relaxed to unrestrained joy. Her shoulders shook, and she scrunched her nose subtly as her hands played with his hair.

"So, you agree?" Jaemin arched his brows, a playful smirk etched on his lips.

"Agree to what?" Jia tilted her head to the side as her steady eyes stayed fixated on the boy.

"That they are your kids too."

There it goes again, the heart-pounding and flustered cheeks, the skin tingling, and butterflies somersaulting in her stomach.

"I-I um... I g-guess, yes." She stuttered, looking away. A deep shade of pink coated her cheeks, and she shyly turned around, trying to hide her inhumanly fast-beating heart. She fumbled with her fingers, nervously glancing at him before averting her eyes towards the play area. 

"Jisung!" She yelled, trying to divert her attention from his cheeky grin. "Stop running. You'll fall."

Jisung's eyes flickered as he bounced around, running from flower to flower. He excitedly hopped about, happy squeals escaping his agape lips. But his foot slipped, and he fell flat on his face. One by one, tears rolled down his cheeks like a waterfall and he let out an ear-piercing cry. "Mommy...." 

Happy 2021! 2020 was a tough year but I hope 2021 will be better

Happy 2021! 2020 was a tough year but I hope 2021 will be better. ❤️

Now pick your teams and place your bets for the most anticipated NCT Dream roof top fight. My bet is on Renjun.<3

<3