*CHAPTER 31

Growing patches of blues covered the sky as silver hues overtook the city that morning, greys and whites replacing the bright yellows

Growing patches of blues covered the sky as silver hues overtook the city that morning, greys and whites replacing the bright yellows. The mist thickened, and the roll of thunder echoed threateningly through the room, informing the dweller of the incoming rain.

Jia peered over the window, the color of the sky mimicking her heart. She sat slumped on one of the window sills, watching as the clouds pass by. Her eyes looked fixedly at the sky above, but her mind wandered somewhere else.

Her dangling feet swung back and forth, brushing against the concrete floor as her mind went back to the day of her confrontation with Jaemin. It had been weeks, and Jia had neither seen the kids nor the one who left her heartbroken.

Her heart cried with agony each time she thought of the indifferent male, painful memories causing nothing but torment and suffering. Tears welled up in her black orbs every time her mind drifted off to their shared happy memories, every day the same wintery somber hues since after their farewell.

The world was a silver-blue without the four- sadness seeping into her skin and into her heart like a sponge. A breathy chuckle escaped her lips as she recalled Jaemin's harsh words while tears rolled down her cheeks like a rainstorm.

And I'm gonna stop cryin', stop feelin', stop thinkin' 'bout you my babe- A sad melody played in the background, each word from the song stabbing despair into her heart.

The almost cold coffee mug slipped out of her hands, crashing into the floor with a loud smash. Jia flinched, bringing her attention towards the glass-covered ground. She hurriedly crouched down, picking up the shattered glass pieces one at a time when it slashed her fingers, blood dripping down the sides.

Jia expelled a shaky breath as she watched the blood trickle down her hands, coloring her fingers red. The injury to her flesh would soon heal, but what about the wound to her heart?

A lone tear escaped her eyes, and she quickly wiped it away, not wanting to hurt her already tormenting heart.

"Stop thinking about him," Jia muttered to herself as she shook her head, wanting to erase Jaemin from her memories. She hurriedly scuttled around her room, picking up the shattered glass pieces and tossing them into the trash can, her idea of distracting her troubled mind.

━━━━

A frustrated sigh escaped her lips as she struggled with the numerous shopping bags dangling from her arms. The paper bags kept slipping off her limbs, making it hard for her to carry. "Remind me not to go shopping again." She muttered as she attempted to cross the vacant hallway with long strides.

Jia sipped on her coffee as she exasperatedly fumbled through her handbag, searching for the keys to her apartment. Her bag was a trash can with straps- wrappers, receipts, lidless pens, and lipsticks jammed into it like an overflowing dustbin. The dimly lit hallway made it harder for her to see, adding to her one-way fight with the handbag.

She ruffled her hair in frustration, unable to find the keys. A groan escaped her lips as her eyes trailed over the hallway, the empty corridor sending chills down her spine. The flickering lights and the dreading silence made the place look like a horror movie set.

Jia took small steps towards her apartment unit, jumping every now and then at the littlest sounds. The silhouette of a boy sitting slumped in front of her door soon caught her attention, and she yelped in surprise, her heart palpitating with inhumane speed.

The jumpy girl hid behind the decorative plant, hawk eyes raking the limp boy up and down. She glanced around, looking for accomplices but found none.

Seeing his motionless frame, she tiptoed towards him, one hand raised in a defensive stance while the other held a bottle of pepper spray.

The faded outline soon took a definite shape as she approached him, and she furrowed her brows at his familiarity.

"Jaemin?"

I saw all your votes and comments and honestly, I don't know how to feel about it

I saw all your votes and comments and honestly, I don't know how to feel about it. It's overwhelming, but I absolutely love it. I've been smiling to myself and my mom thinks I'm going crazy.

Thank you so much! I can't express how thankful I am. I love you all💚

*insert ugly sobs*