*CHAPTER 24

"Mommy!"

"Mommy!"

Jia flinched away, eyes snapping open with speed faster than light. Startled out of her mind, she pushed Jaemin away with a little too much force.

Jaemin staggered backward, eyes wide open, breath hitched within his throat. Lucklessly, he stepped on a lego.

A low grunt escaped his lips as an unreasonable amount of pain coursed through his body. But before he could grasp his situation, his other foot slipped, and he fell, his back hitting the hard floor with a loud thud.

"Jaemin!" Jia exclaimed, simultaneously rushing forward to stop him from falling. However, her foot got tangled with the corner of the coffee table, and she slipped and fell over him.

Jia's head bumped onto Jaemin's, their bodies colliding with one another. A throbbing ache coursed through the spot where her head hit his, the pain soon escalating throughout her body. Mumbling inaudible curses, she rubbed the sore dot; her eyes pressed together.

"J-Jia," Jaemin groaned, a silent moan following after.

Jia's eyes fluttered open at the sound of his strained voice. Her cheeks soon flushed red in embarrassment at the befuddled situation- face inches close and bodies pressed together 'once again.'

Lips slightly parted and eyes the size of plates- she found herself shamelessly gawking at him. Breath caught within her throat in bewilderment, Jia gulped down a rather large lump.

"Can you move?" Jaemin's gruff voice knocked some sense into her, breaking her out of her blatant trance.

"Shit! Sorry." She cursed as she hurriedly scrambled to her feet, her heart racing crazily against her chest. Shifting from side to side, she awkwardly glanced around the room before resting her gaze on a hurting Jaemin.

"Are you alright?" She inquired, her face contorted with concern.

"Yea, I guess." Jaemin let out a breathy chuckle as he gazed at her with big doe eyes. "Can you help me up?"

Jia managed to hoist him up on his feet with sizeable difficulty as he leaned on her. Carrying all his weight on her shoulder, she moved him onto the couch.

"Sit here. I'll go get the first aid kit." She instructed before hurriedly walking out of the room.

"Daddy? Are you hurt?" Donghyuck questioned, tiptoeing up to him from some corner of the room.

"Eek!" Jaemin squeaked, surprised at the sudden appearance of the child. "Where did you come from?"

"Hyuck have been standing there all along," Donghyuck responded, his index finger pointing at the position where he was standing a few minutes ago.

"Well, you should not sneak up on people like that." Jaemin sighed, leaning against the couch headrest. "And I'm fine. Thank you."

A devilish idea instantly popped into his mind as he grinned playfully, a hint of mischief in his eyes. The little devil curled up his fingers into a small fist and smacked Jaemin in the thighs with all his might. The latter let out a loud grunt, his face ashen in grimace as he rubbed the newly built red spot.

"Why would you do that?" He scowled, his brows drawn together into a frown.

Donghyuck hopped onto the couch and tottered towards the injured boy with minute steps. He tiptoed on his feet and kissed his father's cheeks gently.

"There. You're all better now." He patted Jaemin's shoulders with his tiny hands, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Awww! Is my angel trying to heal his daddy's wound?" Jia cooed, stepping into the scene with the first aid kit. She bent down a little and ruffled his hair out of pure adoration.

"Yes!" Donghyuck huffed, puffing his chest out, a proud grin adorning his face.

"Angel? He's the embodiment of the devil." Jaemin scoffed, crossing his arms together as he glared at the little one. He was sure Donghyuck was a demon before his reincarnation as a human.

Jia let out a rather dramatic gasp as she lifted Donghyuck up, her arms wrapped protectively around him. "How could you say that?"

"That's the truth." He huffed, fingers pointed accusingly towards the little devil. "He just hit me."

"You're being unreasonable." She deadpanned, rolling her eyes.

"But-"

"No buts." She cut him off, tsking as she shook her head disapprovingly.

"Fine." Jaemin grumped as he sulked, his lips protruding into a pout.

"Hyuck, you don't hit others. That's a bad habit." She scolded the child with a stern voice. "If you do that again, mommy is going to be sad." Her serious and unsmiling face now etched with a smile, her voice soft. "Don't do that again, okay?

"Hyuck will not do that again." Donghyuck nodded his head, a little sullen from being scolded.

"Good boy. Now, go play with your brothers. I'll tend to your daddy's wound." She rejoiced as she placed him on the ground.

"Okay." He nodded again before running off to where his brothers were.

"Stop pouting, you big baby." She smiled at the sulking boy, taking a seat beside him on the couch. "Let's get your wounds treated, shall we?"

I've got no idea what to feel about this chapter

I've got no idea what to feel about this chapter. Idk what I was thinking. I guess my brain is crashing. 😵