*CHAPTER 13

"Jun, eat your food

"Jun, eat your food."

"Hyuck, stop putting your veggies onto Jisung's bowl."

"Jaemin, come down and have your breakfast."

"Ji, stop moving. You'll fall off the chair."

"Hyuck, stop pouring water on the floor."

"Oh My God! Jun, stop hitting your brother."

It had been a week, and Jia's life had turned upside down. Though she had gotten used to the role of taking care of the four boys, it was not easy. Renjun and Donghyuck would often get into fights, and Jisung would throw a tantrum now and again. Jaemin was there to help, but he had a family to take care of, so he was mostly at the cafe, working his ass off. It was only her and the kids.

"Good morning." Jaemin flashed her a smile as he made his way towards the four.

"Morning." She mindlessly greeted him back, her full focus on feeding Jisung, who was unwilling to eat the vegetables. "Ji, you need to eat your veggies."

Jia froze on her spot when she felt a body press against her back. She snapped her head to the side and saw Jaemin leaning in to kiss Jisung's cheeks.

She openly gaped as she observed his side profile- his sharp jaws, chin, and high cheekbones. His blonde hair fell haphazardly over his forehead, and his eyes had a softness in them. He had a warm smile etched on his lips as he lovingly gazed at Jisung.

Jia couldn't take her eyes off him. Her heart was thumping so hard that she could tell it was audible. Heat rushed up to her cheeks, and she felt her mouth go dry.

Jaemin stepped to the side, and she let out a shaky breath she didn't know she was holding. She took a few deep breaths, trying to calm her pounding her. It's too early for this. Stop.

"Are you alright?" Jaemin asked her, his voice laced with concern. He cupped her flushed face and pressed his forehead against hers. "Do you have a fever? Do you want me to take you to the hospital? Why don't you rest, and I'll take care of the kids?"

Jaemin's eyes trailed over her face before looking down at her lips. He subconsciously bit his bottom lip, suppressing the urge to kiss her then and there.

Jia gulped, seeing his face inches away from hers. She could feel his warm breath against her face. She found him staring intently at her lips, causing her to push him away.

"I-I'm fine." She mentally slapped herself for stuttering.

Jaemin backed away and snapped his head to the side. He nervously rubbed the back of his neck, his cheeks flushed hot pink.

At the mention of the hospital, Renjun and Donghyuck climbed down the chairs and ran to her side.

"Noona, are you hurt?" Renjun tilted his head to the side, his brows furrowed.

"Noona, are you sick?" Donghyuck hugged her leg, his lips protruding in a pout.

Jia chuckled at their cuteness. "I'm alright, boys. I'm not sick." She pinched their cheeks, a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Are you sure?" Jaemin asked her again, just to make sure she was alright.

"I'm sure, Jaem. Don't worry." She gave him a warm smile. "Come and have your breakfast now." 

Me after watching 'From Home' mv: