Chapter 8: Moral is that I'm here for you

Moral of the story (feat. Niall Horan) by Ashe and Niall Horan

Leo purrs softly to his cubs as Grillby runs his hand through his flames. Leo stops to open his left eye to stare at Error. His flames shrink, shrinking his size, before gently pushing the others off and walking over. Error stares at him before Leo nods at him, Error can't understand why. Leo softly pats Error on the head with his paw, Error flinching from the contact from another Sans, one he doesn't fully know.

Leo turns to Cross who is holding Ink's soul. He licks Cross's tears away, small comfort for the stressed and worried skeleton before Sage crawls over to Cross. Her ankles had started to hurt in phantom pain, causing her to crawl over on her hands and knees, no one comments on it. She heals Ink's soul once more from the soft cracks forming. The cracks glow red for a moment, and Sage makes a note of it but doesn't say anything just yet. The ominous feeling that settles in the pit of her soul makes her magic churn uncomfortably. She sends a pulse of courage through her healing magic to Ink's soul, hoping he feels her courage through the connection.

Green smiles as he uses his left arm to hold his leg to his chest, the familiar ache in his empty right socket pounds as he watches them. He can feel one of his halves, Wishes, coo at the sight of his found family. She's happy that Green has found his own life despite only existing in a fusion of two people. He can feel the agreement from Consea, Consequences, as he watches through Green's eyes. They both love that they can exist in Green, something like their child despite being a fusion. Green almost cries as more wishes start to make their presence known to him.

Dream and Nightmare look at each other as they try to balance their auras in the room. Nightmare sighs before leaning against Killer and Error. He didn't lose as much energy trying to balance the emotions, but it still tires him every time he does it. Blue lays against Dust, Dream in his arms, as Killer softly chats with Dust. Dream snuggles into Blue's arms with a small smile, feeling protected and the warmth that Blue often has. Grillby just smiles softly as he watches Leo care for the others. He's missed this, he missed his love. He missed so much of what was supposed to be their life. He can't help but feel guilty about the scar that covers Leo's face. Was it his fault? Did something happen after he dusted? He looks over at Sirius and Gemini before moving over towards them in worry.

"BROTHERS? SOMETHING IS WRONG."

Leo quickly stops and takes his skeleton form before hurrying to Sirius and Gemini. Everyone stops as they watch with a dreadful pit in their soul. Gemini grabs where his soul is. He looks up at Grillby and Leo with poorly concealed panic. Leo looks at the two of them with fear and panic, unsure if he should touch them in fear they would dust at the slightest touch.

"Leo. I Don't Think That We're Aloud To Stay Any Longer."

Leo grabs one of each of their hands, he just needs to hold onto them. He can finally be there to comfort them. Comfort them better than he did when they dusted the first time. Tears come to his sockets, and memories of Sirius dusting flood his mind as he stares at his brothers. He had only just gotten them back, this isn't fair for him to lose them again.

"W-what do you mean? you can't dust again! P-please just stay with me!" He holds onto their hands tightly as Gemini's form wavers, but he's determined to stay as long as he can. Just to comfort his prideful, yet humble little Comic. His sweet little Comic who had lost so much yet is still alive. He raises a hand to cup Leo's face and squeezes Sirius' hand.

"Don't Worry, Leo. We'll Always Be With You. Have A Wonderful Life For Us." Gemini exhales before his form becomes a soft glowing pile of stare dust. Leo tears up more as his frame scrunches up. He turns to Sirius, who only smiles sadly at him.

"BROTHER. Just. Live for us and... Even if I'm dead. I will watch over you from the stars. So give me a nibbling to watch." Sirius softly chuckles before becoming stardust as well. Leo sits there crying before the dust starts to swirl around him and flies out of the room to somewhere else. He slowly calms himself before leaning into Grillby's torso.